SASS Wire Forum

Full size pistols in .32 S&W Long?

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Are there any full size, that is to say, main match, pistols on the market that are chambered for .32 S&W Long?

I have an 1860 Colt (made in 1861) that has been cartridge converted to this round.   It's clearly a "modern" conversion with a rather new looking cylinder and barrel.  (Which is why I got fairly cheap.)

But now I have this one gun in this caliber and nothing to pair it with.   Yeah, I know I could use something chambered for .32 H&R and just run Longs in it, but I'd really have something more akin to what I have than something totally modern.

I suppose one option would be a cylinder for my .32-20 3rd Gen Colt if such things are made.   Or where there any guns made back in the day I should hunt for?  Or is anybody making anything?

I'm just asking in case anybody knows.

Closest thing I've got is an RG63 in .32 S&W Long, BUT they were double action. Made in .22, .32, and .38 spl - you don't see the .32 very often.

RG63.jpg

41 minutes ago, Cusz M. Dutch SASS Life 55326 said:

good luck trying to find a pair...

The Buckeye Sports .32 Blackhawk convertibles are more common than the Vaquero convertibles, and turn up several times a year on Gunbroker. There's a .32 Vaquero convertible listed right now, currently at $901 + $30 S&H and four days to go.

4 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I don't see why not.  If you can covert a real Colt by replacing the cylinder and barrel, then it would work for a clone.

Bu I already have an 1860 like that.   Why would I want 2?

you realize this is SASS NET right?

how is that cartridge’s pressure?  might it be  possible to convert a .22 like a Ruger single six?  

isn’t this like what uberti did to make their “stallion” model p into .38?

1 hour ago, WOLFY said:

how is that cartridge’s pressure?  might it be  possible to convert a .22 like a Ruger single six?  

Just looked it up.

.32 S&W is 12,000 psi

.32 S&W Long is 15,000 psi.

Wiki is our friend at times.

Oh, and looking over the past few posts, were you thinking I'd convert an Uberti 1860 to more or less give me a match pair?   I don't usually shoot matched pairs.  :)   I like variety.   At my last shoot, I was shooting .32-30 out of a 3rd Gen SAA and a Bisley Colt, for example.

9 minutes ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Is there a conversion cylinder for the .31 cap guns.  Just ask at your local match to use your .31 conversions, it's not like we shot for a $1,000,000!!!

I saw those and thought they were pretty cool.   But I believe they are all 5 shots, and pocket pistols.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, Three Foot Johnson said:

The Buckeye Sports .32 Blackhawk convertibles are more common than the Vaquero convertibles, and turn up several times a year on Gunbroker. There's a .32 Vaquero convertible listed right now, currently at $901 + $30 S&H and four days to go.

that is a great price compared to a few years back.

6 hours ago, WOLFY said:

Ruger did exactly that also.

I have a Heritage in .32 H&R mag.  They're out there.
Um, mine is not what you'd call "slick."

On 10/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, Cusz M. Dutch SASS Life 55326 said:

that is a great price compared to a few years back.

They went for $1075 and $1176, both from Lock, Stock, & Barrel. There are three 32 H&R/.32-20 Blackhawk convertibles and another Vaquero currently listed.

20 minutes ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

I like my .32 H&R Mag Ruger Single Sixes.  They pack light and are fast to handle.  .32 S&W Short, .32 S&W Long, and .32 H&R 

They'll probably work with .32 acp too. ;)

Archived