SASS Wire Forum

Gunfight at the OK Corral

Rye Miles #13621

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

140 years ago today, one of the nation's first gun control laws was enforced... <_<

“We re not saying you can’t own guns or even carry guns, you just can’t carry them in town” That’s not so bad is it”

( from the movie Tombstone) :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

140 years ago today. How time flies !!

Snip-it_1635269282348.jpg.da277346ac459d9c74fc2e2c086e3284.jpg

I just realized my Grandfather, was 8 years old when that happened.

20 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Well, you have to admit, the Gunfight at Fly's Photography Shop doesn't quite have the same ring to it... :huh:

I think there was probably a lot of truthfulnesses in the book writers character in Unforgiven

Grandpa was 22 years old and working on the railroad in Texas.  Grandma, his second wife, was 8 years old, living on a cattle ranch in Texas.

I wish I could ask them if they read about it in the newspapers. 

So many things I wish I could ask them about, now....

7 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

They say it lasted about one minute, give or take...140 years later we are still talking about it...Got to love history...

Texas Lizard

Would have faded from memory it if a hollywood screen writer hadn't needed a story for a script.

8 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I think it was something like 30 rounds fired in roughly 30 seconds from start to finish. And to think kids these days fire that many rounds in less than 5 seconds at the gun range... :rolleyes:

The gun range wasn't shooting back

"...140 years ago today, one of the nation's first gun control laws was enforced... <_<

“We re not saying you can’t own guns or even carry guns, you just can’t carry them in town” That’s not so bad is it”

( from the movie Tombstone) :ph34r:---"

so much truth in these statements that define today , not at all happy with that , does it make me a "cowboy" ? the one in the movie or an american ? i think the latter as ill not be rustling cattle or committing crimes seems we got a little carried away with settlin the west and forgot what we really are 

20 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I just realized my Grandfather, was 8 years old when that happened.

My paternal grandfather was 6 years old at the time.  I was 8 yrs old when the last surviving 7th Cavalry soldier who was at the Little Big Horn Battle died. He was Private Charles Windolph, later Sergeant Windolph.  He was with Reno's command during the battle.

All of a sudden, I feel old.

19 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Grandpa was 22 years old and working on the railroad in Texas.  Grandma, his second wife, was 8 years old, living on a cattle ranch in Texas.

I wish I could ask them if they read about it in the newspapers. 

So many things I wish I could ask them about, now....

My grandmother said she remembered reading a newspaper article at the time, on the Dalton gang bank raid at Coffeyville, KS

Archived