SASS Wire Forum

Ghosts of the Mohawk

Pony, Rev, Josie, and all workers at Tulsey Town did a great job of putting together the 2nd Classic Cowboy Showdown, Ghosts of the Mohawk.  Don't think the Classic Cowboys there had any better time than the large bunch of us non-CCs.  Seven good stages  and Rowdy Beller served up some fine chili to go along with all the visiting and hospitality afterwards. 

Sassy and I enjoyed our first trip to Tulsey Town and hope to get back soon.  We needed a little time away from home and the location was excellent to fine restaurants and hotels in Owasso. 

Congratulations to Overall winners, Scott Wayne and Della. 

In the CC was OK Dirty Dan (smokeless), Naildriver (BP), and Checka Bow Wow in Ladies 

I will second that good review by Mr. Boots! It was my first trip to Tulsey Town and it was a great shoot, loved the “town” itself and the stages were well prepared, scenarios were really well done. Pony Soldier kept the awards going smooth and the Chili was really good, all in all if you get a chance to shoot there don’t pass it up!  SCJ

Everything that Silver Creek Jack just said.

A great match. Looking forward to my next trip to Tulsey Town! :D

Thanks for the shout out @Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator! I'd also like to point out that in the Classic Cowboy "Ol' Skool" category within the Classic Cowboy Throwdown that @Pony Soldier himself was the winner. For those interested, that category was standard Classic Cowboy rules but you had to shoot pistols which weren't a Colt SAA, Colt SAA clone, or Ruger Vaquero. In Pony's case I believe he used a pair of 1875 Remington clones.

I'd also like to take a moment to recognize the Reverend Lyin' Kerrdawg. Tulsey Town was the idea and creation of the Reverend and it's through his dedication and years of work that we are where we are. In addition to those mentioned above, the Reverend put in hours of work on the range and off to make this event a success and he truly worked himself to the point of exhaustion on Saturday.

Finally, thank you to all those who attended! This was the first Ghosts of Mohawk but we promise it won't be the last and we'll try our best to improve it every year. We hope to see you all again before Ghosts of Mohawk 2022, but if not, make sure to set aside time on your calendar for the end of October next year.

10 hours ago, OK Dirty Dan said:

Thanks for the shout out @Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator! I'd also like to point out that in the Classic Cowboy "Ol' Skool" category within the Classic Cowboy Throwdown that @Pony Soldier himself was the winner. For those interested, that category was standard Classic Cowboy rules but you had to shoot pistols which weren't a Colt SAA, Colt SAA clone, or Ruger Vaquero. In Pony's case I believe he used a pair of 1875 Remington clones.

I'd also like to take a moment to recognize the Reverend Lyin' Kerrdawg. Tulsey Town was the idea and creation of the Reverend and it's through his dedication and years of work that we are where we are. In addition to those mentioned above, the Reverend put in hours of work on the range and off to make this event a success and he truly worked himself to the point of exhaustion on Saturday.

Finally, thank you to all those who attended! This was the first Ghosts of Mohawk but we promise it won't be the last and we'll try our best to improve it every year. We hope to see you all again before Ghosts of Mohawk 2022, but if not, make sure to set aside time on your calendar for the end of October next year.

Good points ODD. Did not know makings of CC Ol'Skool  category.  Cool.

For certain that so much phrase goes to Rev Kerrdawg.  Although Sassy and my first time to Tulsey Town, work was evident. Such a nice range amongst the beautiful oaks. Rev said Friday when Sassy & I stopped by range before checking-in at hotel that he would be out by seven Saturday morning to make enough noise to run the Panther out of church (stage one). Yes, seriously. 

Hey, for an old country boy, I thoughts the jets overhead was pretty neat too.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, OK Dirty Dan said:

Make that April 30, 2022. We’ve moved it from October so that it doesn’t conflict with Land Run. 

Thanks for noting my Ol Skool CCB win OK Dirty Dan. For the record, I shot my 1872 open tops. They are significantly smoother than my 1875 Remingtons. 

Archived