SASS Wire Forum

Preparing....

Singin' Sue 71615

That looks almost as flat as west Texas. 

Parts of west Texas are so flat, that if you got up on top of your pickup, and looked at the horizon, you could see the back of your own head. 

Parts of west Texas are so flat that it would make a pool table look like you were in the middle of the Rockies.

But it sure looks good for a place to shoot. The old saying: "be sure you know what is beyond your target", looks to be no problem here. 

Saying: "I love to shoot so much, that I could shoot 'till the world looks level"....well...that applies here. 

Looks like a ton of fun. 

Wish I was there, and traitor-joe had a feather up the kazoo.  We'd both be tickled. 

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

That looks almost as flat as west Texas. 

Parts of west Texas are so flat, that if you got up on top of your pickup, and looked at the horizon, you could see the back of your own head. 

Parts of west Texas are so flat that it would make a pool table look like you were in the middle of the Rockies.

But it sure looks good for a place to shoot. The old saying: "be sure you know what is beyond your target", looks to be no problem here. 

Saying: "I love to shoot so much, that I could shoot 'till the world looks level"....well...that applies here. 

Looks like a ton of fun. 

Wish I was there, and traitor-joe had a feather up the kazoo.  We'd both be tickled. 

Very 'flat'...and yes, I took binoculars and scanned the area before starting.

23 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

No wonder all Texans are nuts.  You folks need a mountain or several to break the skyline and the monotony, and some canyons, too.

Texas has it all...it just takes you all day to get from one to another!

On 10/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Texas has it all...it just takes you all day to get from one to another!

Hey Miss Sue....do you still have your Texas drawl???

Just wonderin', since you've been living in the far(therest) west, for quite a spell now. 

Of course, it don't matter, just curious. We will love you forever, regardless. :D 

49 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Hey Miss Sue....do you still have your Texas drawl???

Just wonderin', since you've been living in the far(therest) west, for quite a spell now. 

Of course, it don't matter, just curious. We will love you forever, regardless. :D 

Hahahahaha! I had it for about 2 years, in the late 80's....but it only shows if I am really excited!!!

Remember, I was raised by Texans, who had left Texas before I was born.

I only spent 2 weeks in Summer at the Waxahachie home and a couple of years in Richland Hills as an adult....

Archived