SASS Wire Forum

Whats the most fun to shoot?

Chili Ron

Thompson, a friend had a semi-auto version.

Any BP loaded firearm.

Winchester 62a, my first firearm. Taught my daughter to shoot with it. Gonna teach my granddaughter to shoot with it in a few years.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:36 AM, Fast Tracker said:

Grandfather’s 8mm Mauser, except the ammo is corrosive primed and needs to be cleaned right away.  

30 in. barreled 97.

.22 SCAR clone with red dot scope.

1911 in .45

97 gets my vote, too.

Mine points better than any of my other SGs, classic or modern.

LL

What if fun is not always accurate or manageable?

my Desert Eagle in 50 AE if FUN!!! can't hit the wide side of the barn with it, but sure is loud :)

my Scorpion Evo with binary trigger (as close to SMG as I can get in IL) - costs me arm and a leg in ammo but mag dumps are FUN!!!

but if I looked in my safe... and excluded the SASS guns as they are all fun and cool...

my Browning Buckmark tuned for bullseye with 0.5 lbs trigger is fun

my blueprinted Remington 700 in 308 in Accuracy International chassis - I can ring 8" gongs at 600-700 yards all day long... and it is challenging with crosswinds.

my Browning 725 Sporting O/U shotgun - the most used gun in my safe - breaking clays if fun

On 10/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

lotsa things are fun to shoot, but ....

..... "just once, I'd like to shoot an educated man*" ...

(I think 'twas said by Samuel Clements)

:ph34r:

Careful where you point that thing.......and don't miss the first shot.  Some of us educated men will shoot back.  :P

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Thompson SMG. ;)

OLG 

That's a blast.  I had two in 'Nam, a 1928A1 with a vertical front grip and an M1A1.

The 28 took both drums and 20 or 30 round sticks.  I traded the 28 to a Korean officer who just had to have a "gangster gun".  He was warned that the 50 round drums (I had two) are crap and we made a straight up trade. I got 17 stick mags of 30 rounds each plus 500 rounds of ammo in the deal.

9 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That's a blast.  I had two in 'Nam, a 1928A1 with a vertical front grip and an M1A1.

The 28 took both drums and 20 or 30 round sticks.  I traded the 28 to a Korean officer who just had to have a "gangster gun".  He was warned that the 50 round drums (I had two) are crap and we made a straight up trade. I got 17 stick mags of 30 rounds each plus 500 rounds of ammo in the deal.

The PD that I worked for had 3 of them. Plus 2 BAR's,

and a truck load of surplus ammo.

They were in like new condition and carried USN markings.

I sure had fun with'em on the range.

OLG 

M2 carbine was fun, too.  Fast on full auto, maybe close to 900 rpm.  You could squirt through a 30 round mag in the time it would take you sneeze.  About 6.5 lbs with a full mag.  My battalion CO took one of those and a Mannlicher Schoeauer 1903 model that was a battlefield turn in.

Archived