SASS Wire Forum

Appaloosa

Buckshot Bear

Appaloosa was our Saturday night movie last night, must have been some time since we'd seen it as we didn't remember

much if anything of the movie. Thoroughly enjoyed both performances from Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen and his big shotgun!

Capture.thumb.JPG.43bfe4bb3421d2d2b82539259c440d07.JPG

I wished that the shotgun choice was more accurate.

Hitting anyone within a building with an 8-ga would have made the room look like a tornado in a butcher's shop.

Setting off 150+ grains of BP per shot would have blocked all filming and started climate change.

Better early shotgun choices would have been a Colt Root revolving shotgun or a Spencer trombone (pump).

I wrote a match, loosely based on the movie and we had a lot of fun with it.

(Especially the Start Lines and the scenarios!!!)

14 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

I wished that the shotgun choice was more accurate.

Hitting anyone within a building with an 8-ga would have made the room look like a tornado in a butcher's shop.

Setting off 150+ grains of BP per shot would have blocked all filming and started climate change.

Better early shotgun choices would have been a Colt Root revolving shotgun or a Spencer trombone (pump).

It was an 8 gauge double in the book, and movies always follow the book closely, right? :D 

I just watched it two weeks ago.

I have always liked the move .

The screenplay is pretty faithful to the original story.  Rare, and enjoyable.

Virgil and Everett are an inspired pairing.

Have always hoped that Hollywood would turn another of Parker's Cole/Hitch novels into a movie (with Viggo M and Ed H. in same roles).  

Archived