Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Custom Screw knife STOLEN SE Regional


Scarlett
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cowboys and Cowgirls - 

 

There are not words to express the profound heartbreak and anger I am feeling at this moment. Yesterday at the conclusion of the Black Powder Mini Match, my Larry Page Screw Knife fell out of the holster when I took my rig off.  I did not notice that it was gone until this morning because of a HUGE rain storm that came up quickly, we packed/covered things up quickly last evening. 
 

What I know: Kantankerous Tee FOUND the knife. Jasper Jack and several others saw it and it was turned into LOST/FOUND.  There was supper and karaoke afterwards. We stayed for a while but left before the knife was held up for all to see. When it wasn’t claimed, it went back into LOST/FOUND basket. It was NOT there this morning. 
 

There were NO spectators/strangers last night. Dinner wasn’t catered - it was cooked by a cowboy shooter. There were ONLY COWBOYS/GIRLS and spouses at the pavilion last night. While I didn’t know EVERYONE that was there, I recognized everyone as a participant/someone who was supposed to be there. 
 

That means that SOMEONE AT THIS EVENT STOLE MY KNIFE. It was a Christmas gift 5 years ago from my husband. It was made by my friend and cowboy shooter, @Tucker T Fudpucker.  Tommy picked the Sambar stag handles.  It MEANS something to me.  It also means that WE aren’t who we profess to be.  That, more than ANYTHING, breaks my heart and makes me ANGRY.  @Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 made an announcement tonight at dinner. He’s angry, too. 

 

The knife has Larry Page Aiken, SC engraved on the blade and an engraved serial number. I have put a picture below. 
 

If you see/find/stole my knife, please return it to me: E’Lane Tipton, 114 Court Street, Laurens, SC 29360.

 

Someone TOOK my knife out of the LOST/FOUND basket and it was NOT theirs. 
 

Larry will make me another knife. It won’t be the one my husband gave me. It won’t be the one that’s been on my rig for 5 years. It will be a CONSTANT reminder that it’s a replacement for a knife that was STOLEN by a cowboy/cowgirl. 
 

No hugs tonight,

 

Scarlett

E681FC78-6FC5-4D6B-829B-DA1128E51C6C.thumb.jpeg.da533d1009af0aaceb0571441a260274.jpeg

  • Sad 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scarlet,  I’m sorry for your loss and feel a bit of your pain. I know I trust the cow folks I have had the pleasure to shoot with. It saddens me that someone would steal an item from the Lost & Found.  If it’s yours, take it. If it’s not KEEP YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF OF IT,  

 

Hopefully the skunk will see these posts and feel guilty enough to send it back to you.


I’m truly sorry for your loss,

Sam Sackett 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe someone took it knowing it was yours with the intention of getting it back to you .

And maybe they are sick or have some issue at the moment.

I know every Cowboy or Gal I have ever meet myself are honest and decent people .

I would more try too put the word out you lost it .

And are  asking for it's return.

Just sayin.

Rooster

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s pretty low. Hope someone comes to their senses and does the right thing. 
 

Big Hugs, Scarlett

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking the same thing as Rooster.

 

Its possible that after NO BODY claimed it during the time it was announced as Lost and Found, 

somebody picked it up out of the box thinking they knew WHO it might belong to and help return it.

 

If that's is the situation, it doesn't mean someone is dishonest or a thief but rather a thoughtful 

pard.    Lets all hope for a good outcome.

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Widder, SASS #59054 @Rooster Ron Wayne @Yul Lose


Widder - you KNOW me and KNOW that I ALWAYS look for the good in a situation or give the benefit of the doubt to folks and am SLOW to judge. However, my knife was turned in Thursday afternoon, shown and announced to a gathering Thursday night and was missing from Lost/Found Friday morning. 
 

There’s not a cowboy shooter on that range that doesn’t know about my screw knife. Only cowboys and Cowgirls were on the range when it was announced and when it went missing. 
 

It would be my absolute PLEASURE to apologize if I were wrong. I am willing to forgive. I’ve finished shooting and am now getting ready for the banquet. It had not turned up by 2:30 today. Whoever has it knows it’s not theirs…

 

On a positive note, so many shooters have apologized on behalf of the Cowboy community. I love this community unconditionally, I truly do. I also believe in accountability. 
 

Tommy (my sweet husband) says, “ There’s a Jake Spoon in every crowd”.

 

I will let you all know if it gets returned - tonight or by mail. Tommy bought me a new one. It’s got white scales (handles). Gonna engrave Scarlett on it. I’m hopeful I’ll get it back one way or another. @Tucker T Fudpuckeronly made a handful

with sambar stag scales. For the record, my friend and fellow SC shooter, @Palmetto Traveller has one. :D

 

Love and hugs,

Scarlett

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, John Boy said:

Start the audit trail with those at the match who worked at or had access to the Lost & Found area

Started there… gone over it again and again.  There was a system failure - expensive items need to be supervised however, this was a intimate setting and, at the time, no outsiders. 
 

Hugs,

 

Scarlett

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, not all Cowboys and Cowgirls are above reproach. I've met a few of the bad apples (including some who are known-to-me, stolen-from-me, seen-by-me, and reported by me). Sadly, as a consequence, I am much more cautious now.

 

I am so thankful they are the minority and hope the theft of your knife was by an outsider or it was an innocent mistake.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

@Widder, SASS #59054 @Rooster Ron Wayne @Yul Lose


Widder - you KNOW me and KNOW that I ALWAYS look for the good in a situation or give the benefit of the doubt to folks and am SLOW to judge. However, my knife was turned in Thursday afternoon, shown and announced to a gathering Thursday night and was missing from Lost/Found Friday morning. 
 

There’s not a cowboy shooter on that range that doesn’t know about my screw knife. Only cowboys and Cowgirls were on the range when it was announced and when it went missing. 
 

It would be my absolute PLEASURE to apologize if I were wrong. I am willing to forgive. I’ve finished shooting and am now getting ready for the banquet. It had not turned up by 2:30 today. Whoever has it knows it’s not theirs…

 

On a positive note, so many shooters have apologized on behalf of the Cowboy community. I love this community unconditionally, I truly do. I also believe in accountability. 
 

Tommy (my sweet husband) says, “ There’s a Jake Spoon in every crowd”.

 

I will let you all know if it gets returned - tonight or by mail. Tommy bought me a new one. It’s got white scales (handles). Gonna engrave Scarlett on it. I’m hopeful I’ll get it back one way or another. @Tucker T Fudpuckeronly made a handful

with sambar stag scales. For the record, my friend and fellow SC shooter, @Palmetto Traveller has one. :D

 

Love and hugs,

Scarlett

May I suggest that you glue a strong magnet to the back of the sheath.

Good luck!

OLG 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:
4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

May I suggest that you glue a strong magnet to the back of the sheath.

Good luck!

OLG 

I will do that… and, while I FULLY appreciate your suggestion, it doesn’t change what happened…

 

Hugs and thanks. 
 

Scarlett

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry something like this happened...especially to someone like Scarlett. Can't find a much nicer person than her.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

May I suggest that you glue a strong magnet to the back of the sheath.

Good luck!

OLG 

 

I bought a very small neodymium magnet and pushed it down into the bottom of the sheath. Haven't lost another one since.  Were you closer I would happily give you one. When I bought mine there were 3 dozen in the package.

 

I am still hoping that someone you know grabbed it and just hasn't returned it to you.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope you get it back Scarlett, like the country song says,” it takes all kinds of kinds”. They are out there. SCJ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stories like this make me sick. it's a horrible feeling and I know how she feels. I have had a couple of items vanish with my alias printed on them.

 

Hoping they got kicked behind prop, or fell into a hard to reach/see area.

 

Waiting for that anonymous package to appear at my door, but as time passes hope fades and turns to disappointment.

 

Hope your luck turns out better than mine, Scarlett.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I hear about something like this it really bothers me.  I am as guilty as everyone else of parking a gun cart on the range with $5,000 worth of guns and walking away to have lunch.  While we would like to think everyone on the range is trustworthy, reality is something different, I'm afraid.  I sure hope it turns up Scarlett.  Keep us posted.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

Very sorry to hear that, but maybe something else happened.   If I knew that the screw knife was yours and I knew you, and you had already left, I would have claimed the knife and returned it back to you.    Good Luck

Thanks, dear! The knife has been gone since Thursday evening and it’s now Sunday might. MAYBE it will turn up in my mailbox in a few weeks….

 

We ALL want to believe that it’s impossible

to have a thief among us. Really. When I didn’t get it back by the banquet last night I was disheartened… but, I thought, MAYBE, someone will slip it under our tarps covering our merchandise and I will

find it when I go pack up. Nope. 
 

Several members of North Alabama Regulators apologized to me - nothing quite like this has happened at their range. They were embarrassed. They were angry. Everyone who asked me about it felt the same way. 
 

I’ve thought a lot about this situation. First, some have said, “I hate this happened to you, Scarlett!” It shouldn’t happen to ANY of us.  Second, too many other stories of things stolen/missing were shared with me. It’s NOT always “the public” or “spectators”.  Sometimes there’s really no question that it is one of us.  Third, we have to hold ourselves and our cowboy/cowgirl community to higher standards. We talk about The Cowboy Way ALL the time but it’s losing a lot of its meaning. We do NOT always treat one another with respect. We gossip.  We have cliques and are mean to one another. Some of us cheat - call clean for our pards, let little things slip by… we’ve all heard the stories.  If we will cheat while spotting, why wouldn’t we steal a $200 custom screw knife? Cheating isn’t more or less wrong than stealing, is it?  I know lots of y’all honestly care about the fact that my knife was stolen…and yet, some are probably thinking, “ok, Scarlett… give it a rest. Let it go”. I will when I’m ready. This is bigger than just my knife. This is an opportunity for us to be better by doing better. 
 

Real, heartfelt hugs,

 

Scarlett
 

 

  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Thanks, dear! The knife has been gone since Thursday evening and it’s now Sunday might. MAYBE it will turn up in my mailbox in a few weeks….

 

We ALL want to believe that it’s impossible

to have a thief among us. Really. When I didn’t get it back by the banquet last night I was disheartened… but, I thought, MAYBE, someone will slip it under our tarps covering our merchandise and I will

find it when I go pack up. Nope. 
 

Several members of North Alabama Regulators apologized to me - nothing quite like this has happened at their range. They were embarrassed. They were angry. Everyone who asked me about it felt the same way. 
 

I’ve thought a lot about this situation. First, some have said, “I hate this happened to you, Scarlett!” It shouldn’t happen to ANY of us.  Second, too many other stories of things stolen/missing were shared with me. It’s NOT always “the public” or “spectators”.  Sometimes there’s really no question that it is one of us.  Third, we have to hold ourselves and our cowboy/cowgirl community to higher standards. We talk about The Cowboy Way ALL the time but it’s losing a lot of its meaning. We do NOT always treat one another with respect. We gossip.  We have cliques and are mean to one another. Some of us cheat - call clean for our pards, let little things slip by… we’ve all heard the stories.  If we will cheat while spotting, why wouldn’t we steal a $200 custom screw knife? Cheating isn’t more or less wrong than stealing, is it?  I know lots of y’all honestly care about the fact that my knife was stolen…and yet, some are probably thinking, “ok, Scarlett… give it a rest. Let it go”. I will when I’m ready. This is bigger than just my knife. This is an opportunity for us to be better by doing better. 
 

Real, heartfelt hugs,

 

Scarlett
 

 

Very well said, the sport has changed?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of us cheat - call clean for our pards, let little things slip by 

 

And when made mention of cheating, what we get is "well he's a friend of mine and has always been nice to me"

 

So the friendship is maintained...

 

<_<

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Some of us cheat - call clean for our pards, let little things slip by 

 

And when made mention of cheating, what we get is "well he's a friend of mine and has always been nice to me"

 

So the friendship is maintained...

 

<_<

If our friendship is so fragile that a miss/P/SDQ/MDQ will end it … it wasn’t much of a friendship to begin with. #Integrity

 

24 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don't think it's accurate to say the sport has changed because of one dishonest person at a match.   It is disheartening though, that's for sure.

I don’t think the sport has changed - this isn’t about the sport. This is about the “players”.  And, ACCOUNTABILITY. When we see bad behavior among our friends (cheating, plain meanness,  etc) we should call it out instead of ignoring it.  This is me calling it out and encouraging us all to make an effort to do the same. If you can’t make the correct call on your pal, don’t spot. And, don’t take stuff that don’t belong to you. 
 

Hugs,

Scarlett
 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

REWARD OFFERED FOR THE RETURN OF SCARLETT'S SCREW KNIFE

If you are reading this and you have Scarlett's Knife, whether you took it mistakenly, accidentally, or maliciously, I don't care. Return it to Scarlett, or, to remain anonymous pm me, I'll give you details on where to send it so it gets back to her with no questions asked.

In return, I'll send you $100 & a screw knife that you may keep with a much clearer conscience.

While I don't like rewarding vile behavior, this may be the only way to get a precious item returned to an even more precious lady.

Spread the word, and you can count on me to back up what I say, $100, a screw knife, & no one but me & you will ever know. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chickamauga Slim I absolutely adore you. You are, hands down, one of the kindest and most generous cowboy shooters in the world.  I hope I get my knife back without your $100 … we will see. 
 

Big hugs and lots of love!

Scarlett

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya just can't figure some folks. I had a Pard swipe a SG shell from me. When I confronted him nicely, he admitted it and still didn't give it back. Go figure.:ph34r:

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

When we see bad behavior among our friends (cheating, plain meanness,  etc) we should call it out instead of ignoring it.

Trust me, it's been ignored... By many that claim here on the Wire to be sooooooo wonderful and nice...soooo Cowboy Way like.

 

But... They like the person so...lalalalala...

 

<_<

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

And when made mention of cheating, what we get is "well he's a friend of mine and has always been nice to me"

Soooooooooooooo not ok.  Real friends don't require it, and it's just not what we do here.

 

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

When we see bad behavior among our friends (cheating, plain meanness,  etc) we should call it out instead of ignoring it.

Interesting but accurate observation.  I have never accused anyone of cheating, mainly because you can't prove intent.  But as I've often said, some of these  situations crawl all over my ex-husband nerve, and I have (too often, sez Petey) created a little drama over it to try to prevent it going into the record and just so the offender knows somebody is paying attention.  It has been decades since I've even seen a SOG penalty assessed, much less any real disciplinary action.  Maybe it's because the majority of us have a different perspective on what's really important.  We generally know who they are and, while they may have a lot of belt buckles, they're not really getting away with it.

 

That being said, Cowboys DO NOT STEAL FROM EACH OTHER.  It should under no circumstances be tolerated.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Ya just can't figure some folks. I had a Pard swipe a SG shell from me. When I confronted him nicely, he admitted it and still didn't give it back. Go figure.:ph34r:

 

They would only do it from my once, then they would have to clean their SG due to the Black Powder.  :P  They would never want to do it again.

 

Scarlett,

 

I will continue to hope that it is all an innocent accident and that someone has it to return to you.  I have found items in the past, knew who they belonged too, and for what ever reason didn't see them for the rest of the match and mailed the item to them later.  You would be surprised how many SASS badges end up buried in the grass.  While we all know that it is an inanimate object, when something like this happens, a person can't help but feel violated by the incident.  I truly hope that it finds its way back to you by whatever means.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.