SASS Wire Forum

Wanted to buy #100 rounds 38-40 Starline Brass once fired if possible!

I know I’m probably not going to get very much, if any response, but I thought I would give it a try! 
I have a first generation Colt 1900’s plus that I really would like to shoot a couple of times :)

Thanks for the consideration 

Wes

I have a guy looking at some new 38-40 Starline tomorrow at my shoot. If he doesn't take it, I will let you know!

16 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

@Flint N. Steele did you already sell the ones you had? 

I already shook hands on a deal.

Howdy Pard

I too have a 1st Generation Colt SAA and it’s a prized possession. Shoots better than I do.

Checked my stash for empties but, in a fit of energy during the chicom lockdown, I loaded ‘em all.

Will reaffirm guidance from other Pards to consider 44-40 brass, which is usually in better supply. Lube it and run it thru a 38-40 full-length sizing die and … Ta Dah! … you have perfectly suitable brass for your pistol. Won’t have the right head stamp but shouldn’t be a concern.  A lot of my 38-40 ammo, acquired here and there over multiple decades, has 44-40 head stamps.

Two final thots:

1. Keep posting WTB’s and you’ll likely get some offers

2. Haunt the gun shows. Seems as if there’re always some guy(s) with odds and ends of brass to sell.

Best of luck gettin’ that old shootin’ iron back in the game.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid

I have 100 new Starline and about 6 more once fired. Also have brand new Lee dies and 100 rounds of HSM 38-40. Let me know if you want any or all.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:07 AM, grey ghost said:

I'd be calling, mine has shipped after 10 days

Very interesting. I've had an order of 500 38-40 cases pending with Starline since July as well. When I read this, I immediately called them and mentioned the 10-day turn time. I told the lady who answered the phone that I just wanted to make sure my order hadn't fallen through the cracks. She said they have had no 38-40 brass to ship and have not even done a manufacturing run of 38-40 in quite a long time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Quien sabe.

Archived