SASS Wire Forum

Lets see who agrees...

Singin' Sue 71615

15 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

My wife has most, if not all of the Hammer collection, (Horror of Dracula, Terror of Frankenstein), etc., so she'd almost certainly watch that one. 

For myself, if she's watching any of those, I'm probably in the bedroom reading a Star Trek book.

See if she has seen the spoof...

If not Vudu has it.

She will enjoy it!!!

The Hammer flicks aren't my favorites (although I am wearing a Hammer Mummy shirt today).  But you do have to appreciate the bright red/pink blood that looks more like tempera paint!  There aint no subtlety there, when someone or something is bleeding, Hammer wants to make sure you see it clearly no matter how dark the rest of the scene is!

The only comedies I ever cared for were: Laurel & Hardy; the Three Stooges; some of the Marx brothers, and some of the Ritz brothers, and some of the Bowery Boys, and Abbott & Costello. 

Speaking of Laurel & Hardy...I remember when Stan found out he may be an heir to a million dollars. He ask Oliver if a million dollars was as much as a thousand? Oliver replied:..."why...it's twice as much!!!"  :D 

SO....for me...a western, or a horror film, or a war film, or a cop film, or a sci-fi film, is something that I can't seem to get in to, as a comedy.

I never watched but a few minutes of Blazing Saddles. I just could not get into it. 

In this case, for me, my preference would be the film with Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing...two of my favorite actors...and this movie, even though the story-line is unbelievable/nonsense, it is based in a fictional reality, and the characters take the events seriously.

Archived