SASS Wire Forum

Need 45 blanks

Irish Pat

Use low velocity RAM SET 22 cartridges for blanks, available from most hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes's, etc.

We would start out with hand made primered only loads, then 1/4 loads, then 1/2 then full loads.   Just remember you have to make the primer pocket hole bigger or the primers will back out and lock the gun up.  And you can't reuse these for regular CAS after you enlarge the primer hole or I think Starline used to sell the blank brass.  We used Jim Shockey 2F if I remember and put a punched out piece of cardboard on top of the powder to keep it in.  I forget what size the paper punch was, it's been awhile.  We did NOT use wax or any other kind of material over the powder other than the paper because it will become a projectile.

Second on Boland’s Production Supply, Winter Haven, FL. David has been supplying my blanks for 10 years. He also supplies Disney and Universal.

I used to fashion my own blanks using  a Lee loader kit. As mentioned above, drill out primer pockets and use a thin cardboard disk to hold in the powder (think playing card thickness). Experiment with light powder charges to reach the loudness you want. 

Archived