SASS Wire Forum

Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Buckshot Bear

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

There are. Way back in this thread I posted the memo and firearms requirements while filming (this memo was not issued per its own requirements).

On reading the memo, it seems to me the first rule is that no firearm is loaded unless it is absolutely known to be loaded.

This is a sad SMH view of firearms safety.

Another SMH is seeing how those of us with firearms knowledge put responsibility on a shooter and those without firearms knowledge hold this shooter harmless.

I would take offense to the “those of us with firearms knowledge” as I am well trained, well read, and have 40+ years without a major incident. I won’t say any incident because things happen, guns have failures etc but following gun safety no one got hurt.

My point is that there are differences between the range, hunting and the set. Had they used the right safety measures, measures used in Hollywood for thousands of films, this couldn’t happen. 

7 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Baldwin would have fired them , since he is the producer 

Obviously since he didn’t hire them in the first place!

8 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'm just interested in how this will play out in the courts.  Both criminal and civil. 

Lawyer/Pit Bull Gloria Allred was hired to investigate by a crew member
I have no doubt this is a contingency case, as most crew don't have the kind of money need to retain her..
Lawyers don't take contingency cases they can't win.

A woman is dead, and a regular person would be convicted of manslaughter.
Cynic that I am... I fully expect Baldwin to get a pass on this for the most part.

6 hours ago, bgavin said:

Lawyer/Pit Bull Gloria Allred was hired to investigate by a crew member
I have no doubt this is a contingency case, as most crew don't have the kind of money need to retain her..
Lawyers don't take contingency cases they can't win.

A woman is dead, and a regular person would be convicted of manslaughter.
Cynic that I am... I fully expect Baldwin to get a pass on this for the most part.

Whereas I agree, I won't push the like button, cuz there ain't anything I like about it.

Oh ... oh ....

"The "Rust" armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, loaded the gun with what she thought were dummy rounds before Alec Baldwin used it on set, fatally shooting the movie's cinematographer, lawyers for the armorer said in an interview with NBC."

"There was a box of dummy rounds and the box was labeled dummy. Hannah did take from that box which she by all accounts should have been able to rely on, to contain only dummy rounds," said Gutierrez Reed's lawyer Jason Bowles."

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/rust-armorer-thought-she-loaded-the-gun-with-dummy-rounds-lawyer-says/article_a3710368-8191-57e7-9853-5f8cfa800eb6.html?block_id=997200

So she allegedly didn't know how to tell the difference between live and dummy rounds, despite being the official film armorer? Something smells really fishy about that one...

I have never heard of a dummy round using anything that so much as resembled a live primer. Either the primers are spent/removed or the primer pocket is filled in with epoxy or some other substance that can be discerned as inert material at close glance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived