SASS Wire Forum

Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Buckshot Bear

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I would have thought that it would be the end of making it?

They finished the Crow movie with the star”Brandon Lee”  being dead . It wouldn’t surprise me if they finished it 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Is the dippy b---h opening this segment really SMILE, knowing what she's introducing?

One more case of how disconnected much of the press is from real people and real situations.

Thanks for that clip of John Schneider, Rod !!!

Always nice to see a favorite actor move into a successful career in production and apparently, a right thinkin' one at that!

Yes Rod, media is out of touch and this is NewsMax which isn't as left as some others so it's systemic. I spent my entire adult life working for dot gov and I could tell ya a thing or two about systemic idiots because I've seen a thing or two LOL.

I wouldn't have watched this movie if this didn't happen despite the fact that it's a western. That's how much I can't stand Baldwin!:angry: I hope his career is over and we never see his face again!

I wonder when we will encounter the first Cowboy Action stage where the starting line is "lights ... camera .. action!!"?? ...

While not funny at all .. I am afraid Alex (and the movie industry) has made themselves the poster children of gun safety for some time to come.

Printing "Alex Baldwin" on the top of loading tables would be more effective than any LTO.   

10 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Involuntary Manslaughter?  was he charged - 

act of unlawfully killing another human being unintentionally.

I can’t see any manslaughter charges being filed in this case.

The John Schneider video was very good.  I keep wondering to myself why there was any live ammo on the set.  Now they are reporting that employees were using the guns for "plinking" earlier that morning and had done so in the past.  Some one is going to jail.

3 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Thanks for that clip of John Schneider, Rod !!!

Always nice to see a favorite actor move into a successful career in production and apparently, a right thinkin' one at that!

Yes Rod, media is out of touch and this is NewsMax which isn't as left as some others so it's systemic. I spent my entire adult life working for dot gov and I could tell ya a thing or two about systemic idiots because I've seen a thing or two LOL.

Thanks, Don, but I didn't post that clip originally.

Thanks for that go to Subdeacon Joe.

Breaking news is that the guns used for the film shooting that day were used for target practice with live ammo by some of the crew earlier that morning. Apparently they were never properly rechecked before filming.

Prayer go out for the little boy and her husband.

Be safe, Pards!

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The John Schneider video was very good.  I keep wondering to myself why there was any live ammo on the set.  Now they are reporting that employees were using the guns for "plinking" earlier that morning and had done so in the past.  Some one is going to jail.

Someone SHOULD go to jail. Whether they will or not...

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wouldn't have watched this movie if this didn't happen despite the fact that it's a western. That's how much I can't stand Baldwin!:angry: I hope his career is over and we never see his face again!

Being the leftist elitist that he is Hollywood will defend him and continue to offer him roles. Had he been a conservative, then yes his career would definitely be over.

25 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Being the leftist elitist that he is Hollywood will defend him and continue to offer him roles. Had he been a conservative, then yes his career would definitely be over.

The left will turn this into an opportunity to advocate for more gun control.

23 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The left will turn this into an opportunity to advocate for more gun control.

Count on it. Especially now that word is coming out that the film crew were screwing around shooting the guns with live ammo beforehand.

I just heard on the news that Baldwin the actor is in the clear but Baldwin the Producer could be in hot water!

Hmmmm......

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just heard on the news that Baldwin the actor is in the clear but Baldwin the Producer could be in hot water!

Hmmmm......

This is an important point, I think. Baldwin wasn't just an actor, he was an on-site producer and thus at least partly responsible for what seem to be undisciplined and shoddy procedures and practices on the set.

I understand Baldwin was one of the crew who went "plinking" that morning with the same 3 guns.

And as one of the producers, he was in on the decision to eliminate the "propmaster" position and use only an "armorer" to save money. Usually production companies use both positions. The propmaster is the "second set of eyes" for all the safety checks.

It is totally inconceivable to me that anyone could take a gun from someone else (regardless of what they say), not personally do a safety check, then when rehearsing minutes later point it at a person cock it and pull the trigger?

Prayers up for the Husband and little boy.

I was about to ask, where was the Propmaster, TK?  That position traditionally oversees the armorer.

I worked on movies in the post Brandon Lee world and they pretty much eliminated all pointing guns at anyone.  Pointing into the camera lens is done by locking off (remote operation) the camera or using mirrors so the camera and crew are actually behind the 180.

Most of the actors would dry fire a cold gun 6 or 7 times into the ground to confirm what was said when the Assistant or Armorer handed it to them.  Alec Baldwin would have saved a life, had he done like these other actors.

9 hours ago, WOLFY said:

I was about to ask, where was the Propmaster, TK?  That position traditionally oversees the armorer.

I worked on movies in the post Brandon Lee world and they pretty much eliminated all pointing guns at anyone.  Pointing into the camera lens is done by locking off (remote operation) the camera or using mirrors so the camera and crew are actually behind the 180.

Most of the actors would dry fire a cold gun 6 or 7 times into the ground to confirm what was said when the Assistant or Armorer handed it to them.  Alec Baldwin would have saved a life, had he done like these other actors

This whole thing is a series of screwups that led to disaster.

Sadly, some poor underling will take the hit and Baldwin will skate!!

everyone along that chain (armorer/ prop master/ assist director/ talent) messed up.  

things were made worse because they were following covid protocol and only letting a few people onto the set at a time.  so, the cart/table and armorer were outside of the structure. 

9 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

everyone along that chain (armorer/ prop master/ assist director/ talent) messed up.  

things were made worse because they were following covid protocol and only letting a few people onto the set at a time.  so, the cart/table and armorer were outside of the structure. 

It appears that 'common sense' was also outside of the structure.

..........Widder

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It appears that 'common sense' was also outside of the structure.

..........Widder

Dunno that it was even doing much outside (it’s looking more n more like little miss armorer might have mixed live rounds with her dummy supply).

22 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sadly, some poor underling will take the hit and Baldwin will skate!!

You’re prolly right, but I’ll stick w my previous claim… everyone who touched that gun failed at their part of this incident.  

Assistant Director was fired from a 2019 film set for not checking a “cold firearm” before handing it to talent.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/rust-assistant-director-had-sacked-172246895.html

3 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

Dunno that it was even doing much outside (it’s looking more n more like little miss armorer might have mixed live rounds with her dummy supply).

“Little Miss Armorer” as you call her would know the difference in blanks, dummies, and cartridges containing bullets.  Some of the others on the set? NOT SO MUCH!!  It appears that she was left out of the supply chain when the assistant took the gun from the cart and handed it to Baldwin, declaring it to be a “Cold” gun!

“left out of the supply chain” won’t fly, blackwater.  on most sets I’ve been on, the firearms belong to the armorer.  Who do you think loaded that gun or placed it on the cart?

the armorer & prop master should retain control over the loading of those firearms as well as who picks them up.  

live rounds shouldn’t have been anywhere near that set.

so, if you’re claiming the weapon and ammo were brought onto location by the AD, maybe you’re right… but that’s quite a stretch.

1 hour ago, WOLFY said:

“left out of the supply chain” won’t fly, blackwater.  on most sets I’ve been on, the firearms belong to the armorer.  Who do you think loaded that gun or placed it on the cart?

the armorer & prop master should retain control over the loading of those firearms as well as who picks them up.  

live rounds shouldn’t have been anywhere near that set.

so, if you’re claiming the weapon and ammo were brought onto location by the AD, maybe you’re right… but that’s quite a stretch.

If you have been following this closely, you should remember that there was no prop master. That position was either dismissed or not included in the production hierarchy.

The AD is responsible for checking prop guns as part of his regular duties! HE is the one who handed Baldwin the gun and declared it “Cold”!!  It has not been made clear if the armorer was even on the set!!

In any event, the accepted procedures were NOT followed!  That is the responsibility of the director, assistant director, and ultimately with the producer.  The AD has said that he DID NOT check the gun!! Either Baldwin didn’t check the gun or he knowingly used it anyway!  I’d hate to think that the latter is even possible!

If the armorer wasn’t on the set, the assistant director violated established protocol. If he didn’t get the gun directly from the armorer, he violated established protocol. If he didn’t have the armorer demonstrate to him that the gun was “Cold”, he violated established protocol.  If he didn’t demonstrate that the gun was cold to those on the set , he violated established protocol.

Furthermore!! If after receiving the gun from the assistant director, Baldwin didn’t demonstrate that the gun was indeed “Cold”, HE violated established protocol!!

There’s plenty of blame to go around. The set and the production was obviously sloppily run and by all accounts, some of the staff decided that too many safety protocols were being ignored and chose to leave!!

In the end, these are the responsibility of the director, his assistants, and the producer and his assistants/associates.

Only one thing surprises me about the Alec Baldwin incident. And that is the amount of information being released before the completion of the investigation. It’s almost like they have already decided there will be no criminal charges filed. I’ve never seen a potentially criminal investigation handled like this.

Oh ohoo ... 

From ...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-set-what-we-know-165452345.html

>>

"New information about the incident — which caused the death of the film’s director of photography, Halyna Hutchins, and injured director Joel Souza — 

Souza said they were setting up a shot that required Baldwin, who plays an outlaw in the film, to cross-draw the weapon and point it at the camera. While demonstrating what he would do, the gun, which wasn't supposed to be loaded, went off, the warrant states.

"Joel advised they returned back to the set after lunch, although he is not sure if the firearm was checked again," the document says.

"Joel stated they had Alec sitting in a pew in a church building setting, and he was practicing a cross draw. Joel said he was looking over the shoulder of [Hutchins], when he heard what sounded like a whip and then loud pop."

Souza said Hutchins grabbed "her midsection" and "began to stumble backwards." She was "assisted to the ground" and an on-set medic was summoned. Souza said he was "was bleeding from his shoulder and he could see blood on [Hutchins].""

<<

From ...

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/10/28/how-it-happened-inside-movie-set-where-baldwin-s-gun-fired/

>>

Normally, he told detectives, he would examine the barrel for obstructions and have Gutierrez Reed open the hatch and spin the drum where the bullets go, confirming none of the rounds is live.

<<

There you go!! Open the hatch and spin the drum!! It was a PIetta 5 1/2 inch. 

Archived