SASS Wire Forum

Sorry Glock owners...

Yeah, well…what else are you going to do once you run out of ammo? 

I guess if you miss seven times you probably should stick to hand to hand combat…

Just think, if you had a Glock with 17 rounds on board a bad shot might just get lucky and make one or two connect. 
Hey, if 9mm reminds you of your manparts one could use a Glock that shoots .45 ACP. That 13 rounds might keep you from having to go beating on people since you normally miss with 7 rounds and it won’t insult your manhood. WIN, WIN! No?

Yes, yes I did…:P

Sometimes I just can’t help myself…Mwah-ah-ah-ah-Ahhhhhh :lol:

The 1911 I shot training in 1969 was so knackered that I had a better chance of hitting the man sized target at 7 yards seven times than shooting it with the rounds in the mag.  The experienced soured me on 1911's for 30 years until I shot a Kimber subcompact 1911.

To me there's nothing like a Colt 1911, the first, the original the best IMHO, Ya'll can have your Glocks I never cared for them. Good gun, reliable and all that blah blah blah but gimme a 1911 anyday!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

To me there's nothing like a Colt 1911, the first, the original the best IMHO, Ya'll can have your Glocks I never cared for them. Good gun, reliable and all that blah blah blah but gimme a 1911 anyday!

Same here...The 1911 grip just fits MY hand better...Glock just never felt right...And that is they way buy my toys....If I want to shoot it, it has to feel like it belongs there...Or it is just a waste of money...

Texas Lizard

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, well…what else are you going to do once you run out of ammo? 

I guess if you miss seven times you probably should stick to hand to hand combat…

Just think, if you had a Glock with 17 rounds on board a bad shot might just get lucky and make one or two connect. 
Hey, if 9mm reminds you of your manparts one could use a Glock that shoots .45 ACP. That 13 rounds might keep you from having to go beating on people since you normally miss with 7 rounds and it won’t insult your manhood. WIN, WIN! No?

Yes, yes I did…:P

Sometimes I just can’t help myself…Mwah-ah-ah-ah-Ahhhhhh :lol:

Glock owners need alot of ammo so eventually they might hit the broad side from inside of the barn.

Awe Gee, Pards. I thought at the very least I  would get a  snappy comeback to my comments. You all know  I was just foolin', right?:D

10 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Same here...The 1911 grip just fits MY hand better...Glock just never felt right...And that is they way buy my toys....If I want to shoot it, it has to feel like it belongs there...Or it is just a waste of money...

Texas Lizard

As it should be. 

If something doesn't  work for you then why waste time and  money on it?

I am one of those strange people that like the Glock grip angle. The 1911 grip angle was something I  had to work with, but  never quite got the feel right.

I like 1911's, I just don't own one any longer.

On two occasions while working with police and Marshals I saw convicted felons who didn't bat an eye at Glocks pointed at them but when Deputies pointed 1911s at them and they hears the safeties click off, they complied. I have no idea why, but the cons are leery when it comes to 1911s.

7 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I think I’ll pop some popcorn and watch this circus unfold. 

I’m sure much will be a rerun but it’s fun nonetheless. 

........    Maryanne, ..... she could cook ........

:ph34r:

What no one seems to have noticed is that the title of this thread is an insult.

It doesn't say, "Sorry, Glock owners".

It says, "Sorry Glock owners".

That lack of a comma turns an apology into an insult.

13 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What no one seems to have noticed is that the title of this thread is an insult.

Perhaps it always was an insult

Yes, I am a sorry Glock owner. Sorry I sold the most accurate semiauto pistol that I have owned. It was a G34 Gen 3. To you non Glock people that means it was a competition 9mm gun in the 3rd of 4 generations. I bought 2 more hoping to get one as accurate. The more I shoot them the better they get. 

Also Sorry I don’t own more of them. I want a G43 X single stack 9mm,  a G41 Gen 4 .45 ACP and a G44 .22lr. 
https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g43x-us

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g41-gen4

https://us.glock.com/en/Pistols?filter=22lr

I will have to wait until I get to West Virginia to buy these 3. I can’t get them here. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, I am a sorry Glock owner. Sorry I sold the most accurate semiauto pistol that I have owned. It was a G34 Gen 3. To you non Glock people that means it was a competition 9mm gun in the 3rd of 4 generations. I bought 2 more hoping to get one as accurate. The more I shoot them the better they get. 

Also Sorry I don’t own more of them. I want a G43 X single stack 9mm,  a G41 Gen 4 .45 ACP and a G44 .22lr. 

I will have to wait until I get to West Virginia to buy these 3. I can’t get them here. 

I can't speak for the G43X or the G41 pistols but I have had the opportunity to shoot no less than 4 different G44s. I was unable to get any decent grouping out of any of them...not even at short distance (10 yards). Best I could get was about an 8" group. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a pistol expert...but I have no problem getting 1.5" - 3" groups at 10 yards with any other pistol and that includes Glocks, 1911s, S & Ws, etc. in various calibers. I will have to say that the G44 is, possibly, the most inaccurate pistol that I have ever shot, not including derringers of course. You might want to try before you buy, trust me on that one.;)

Oh, which .45 ACP semi auto pistol do I like the best? Out of the Glocks, 1911s, Springfields, S & W's that I own or have owned, the S & W, Model 4516-2 is the most accurate. It has never failed with any ammo that I've fed it...and that's a ton of different bullet weights/configurations. I'll say that the Glocks have never failed with all of the different ammo but you're not supposed to use lead ammo with Gens 1 - 4, so I haven't. The 1911 is generally reliable but has failed on the occasional blue moon.

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I can't speak for the G43X or the G41 pistols but I have had the opportunity to shoot no less than 4 different G44s. I was unable to get any decent grouping out of any of them...not even at short distance (10 yards). Best I could get was about an 8" group. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a pistol expert...but I have no problem getting 1.5" - 3" groups at 10 yards with any other pistol and that includes Glocks, 1911s, S & Ws, etc. in various calibers. I will have to say that the G44 is, possibly, the most inaccurate pistol that I have ever shot, not including derringers of course. You might want to try before you buy, trust me on that one.;)

Ooh…good to know. Thank you. I overheard a couple of guys saying the same thing about the G44 I West Virginia. I thought it might be BS. Now I guess maybe not. 

I have shot a G43 and really liked it. The G43X has a longer grip and holds 10 rounds. 
I have not shot a G41, but I would like to. It won’t happen in Granola Land. I am sure if that. 

13 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

A 1911 is what you show your friends, a Glock is what you show your enemies.

I don't.  I don't have a plastic squirt gun looking gadget.....and  have never felt that I had too little ammo with my 1911.  Seven in the mag, one in the chamber and three to five spare mags.

Both are good guns but the Glock isn't for me.

NOTE: neither one has a computer device in it anywhere.

Your friendly neighborhood dinosaur

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Lol I tried to warn you not to move to Kalifornia a few years ago :P

I'm going to shoot my Colt 1911 today and also my S&W M&P Shield, which is combat tupperware like a Glock. I like the feel and trigger of the S&W better than the Glocks I've shot.

23 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

A 1911 is what you show your friends, a Glock is what you show your enemies.

Why?  So they can underestimate you?:P

The Gluck doesn't fit my hand- every time I pick one up it's pointed in a new and different direction.  Besides, a 5.5 pound trigger pull with no safety is a ND waiting for a place to happen- and, to me, that little doohickie on the trigger just don't count.

I've been trolled by enough acolytes of the Church of St Gaston the De-vine (misspelling intentional for sarcastic impact) that I take a great deal of pleasure giving some back.

20 hours ago, Alpo said:

I would take it as an insult being called a glock owner

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm going to shoot my Colt 1911 today and also my S&W M&P Shield, which is combat tupperware like a Glock. I like the feel and trigger of the S&W better than the Glocks I've shot.

I shot my 1911 Colt today, OMG that thing is a beast! Accurate as all get out and a real combat handgun. The Shield os okay for a 9mm but the 1911 has to be my all time favorite handgun. When the SHTF, gimme my 1911 pease!

Archived