SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Classic Cowgirl Shootists of the Year 2021

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

The Magnificent Seven have been a little slow in naming our 2021 Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Shootists of the Year. I blame it on Covid even though none of us have had it to my knowledge but it is a convenient excuse.

But with no further delay. the Classic Cowboy and Classic Cowgirl of the year this year recognizes a champion and someone whose perseverance in the category makes her a different kind of champion.

Our Classic Cowboy Shootist of the Year is Dutch Coroner. Dutch was the World Champion this year at End of Trail in Indiana and continues to exemplify the grace and "bein' willin' that defines a Classic Cowboy.

Our Classic Cowgirl Shootist of the Year is Lucinda Tincup. She has been shooting Classic Cowgirl for many years. Year in and year out she  shows that she is  "willin'."

We congratulate them both and look forward to presenting their awards at End of Trail in February 2022.

Congratulations to both winners. :D

Dutch, it's been a pleasure to know you and shoot with you. Congratulations.....well deserved.

Thank you all for the kind words.  I'm very honored to receive this award.

I've told this story many times:  When I first started I was told by a very good shooter "If you're going to wear all that sh!t, you might as well shoot Classic Cowboy."  So, I decided he was right and I switched to Classic and have never looked back.  Later, at a state match, a shooter, who now is a good pard, asked me if my brother also shot Classic.  My immediate response:  "No, he's just a Wrangler."  I've been kidded a lot over the years about that comment.  But, I believe Classic is the best category and as long as I can shoot, it will be my category.

Thank you all again,

Dutch 

Congratulations to both winners. !!!!! Classic is the best!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

WEEELLL our faces are red. The Magnificent Seven revel in their costumes and shooting the big guns, but getting names right--not so much.  The post is now corrected to give the proper name to our Classic Cowgirl Shootist of the Year - Lucinda Tincup. Apologies to our winner for the mistake. And thanks to Pinky Jo for pointing out our error.

My apologies to Lucinda. Big eggs on my face for face for the mixup.

Your award will be RIGHT!

23 hours ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

WEEELLL our faces are red. The Magnificent Seven revel in their costumes and shooting the big guns, but getting names right--not so much.  The post is now corrected to give the proper name to our Classic Cowgirl Shootist of the Year - Lucinda Tincup. Apologies to our winner for the mistake. And thanks to Pinky Jo for pointing out our error.

No worries.  I just shoot with Lucinda Tincup and was wondering if there was a Classic Cowgirl Teacup too.

Thanks!  

PS:  Shooting Classic is the BEST!  Yeehaw!  

Archived