SASS Wire Forum

Human remains

Rye Miles #13621

For three days now they have been saying that it "appears to be " human remains in Florida (The Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petitio case)

How long does it take to identify that it's "Human remains"?? I'm not saying identify whose remains but just if they are human or not!!

They do it on NCIS is less than 10 minutes! :P:lol: Seriously how the heck long does it take???

I know it's bad, but I hope it is Laundrie. The constant, ad nauseam, coverage of this case is over the top and it's been going on for well over a 1.5 months now. If the news about this case stopped now, it wouldn't be soon enough.

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I know it's bad, but I hope it is Laundrie. The constant, ad nauseam, coverage of this case is over the top and it's been going on for well over a 1.5 months now. If the news about this case stopped now, it wouldn't be soon enough.

I hope it's NOT! I want to see him fry for what he did, suicide is too good for this scumbag!

You have no idea how annoying police (and in my case, retired police) find it when someone cites a TV show as an example.  

Answer:  It takes as long as it takes.  Each case is different.  There are different levels of decomposition or other damage done to the remains (animals were probably feeding off him, etc.) and some people have more records than others that could be used to identify the body.  DNA is not only NOT instantaneous, but assumes you already have the guy's DNA on file somewhere that can be accessed without a warrant.  Or if you need a warrant for any of the information, add another day or two...or three.

17 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You have no idea how annoying police (and in my case, retired police) find it when someone cites a TV show as an example.  

Answer:  It takes as long as it takes.  Each case is different.  There are different levels of decomposition or other damage done to the remains (animals were probably feeding off him, etc.) and some people have more records than others that could be used to identify the body.  DNA is not only NOT instantaneous, but assumes you already have the guy's DNA on file somewhere that can be accessed without a warrant.  Or if you need a warrant for any of the information, add another day or two...or three.

I haven't looked into it, but saw a media state they have found 5 bodies in the area...5.

Hmmm.

23 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Like I said it's NOT WHO'S remains it's whether they're human remains or not. They keep saying "possible human remains"! Really?? They can't tell if they're human remains after 4 -5 days?? Again, I'm not saying WHO'S remains!!!

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Like I said it's NOT WHO'S remains it's whether they're human remains or not. They keep saying "possible human remains"! Really?? They can't tell if they're human remains after 4 -5 days?? Again, I'm not saying WHO'S remains!!!

News media are calling them human remains.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I hope it's NOT! I want to see him fry for what he did, suicide is too good for this scumbag!

So would I, however....even if Laundrie did get captured alive, convicted in court and received the death penalty....I'd probably be dead 20 years from now when they actually carried out the sentence. In the meantime he would be living on the taxpayer dime. If the remains are human and it's him...good riddance, goodbye, have a bad time in hell.

8 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

News media are calling them human remains.

I heard then saying over and over and in some print stories, "It appears to be Human remains" Hopefully they finally figured it out! :o

The death penalty isn't punishment...
Sixty years of making little rocks out of big rocks, then sharing your rectum as an E-Ticket Attraction in the general population... that is punishment.

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

The good news about this case is that they managed to find the bodies of at least four other missing people while searching for this pair. If the news media gave half as much of a damn about those people as they did a pretty young blonde girl maybe they'd have been found a lot sooner.

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

The death penalty isn't punishment...

I don't particularly care if it's punishment or not. If he's dead, he can't hurt anybody else. He can't escape, he can't get paroled, and he doesn't cost the taxpayers anymore. 

And just MAYBE... the next guy might think long enough to not do what would cause HIM to wind up that way. Probably wishful thinking I know. but maybe. 

The dude is likely guilty, but... did I miss the part where he was tried and convicted...?  :huh:

Guillotine, in public, is also an excellent deterrent for intentional crimes.

For those who won't be deterred... give the perpetrator full due process under the law.
No delays. No lawyer tricks.

When found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, then immediately execute his sorry self.

It matters not if the perpetrator had a bad childhood, is stoned out of his mind, was raped by his priest or has 12 personalities.  
Summarily execute him after full due process and conviction.

16 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Guillotine, in public, is also an excellent deterrent for intentional crimes.

For those who won't be deterred... give the perpetrator full due process under the law.

When found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, then immediately execute his sorry self.

It matters not if the perpetrator had a bad childhood, is stoned out of his mind, was raped by his priest or has 12 personalities.  
Summarily execute him after full due process and conviction.

They could put it on Pay Per View and give the money to the victims family.;)

44 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Consider that the Parkland school shooter has only just been brought before the court and allowed to make a plea... three years after his crime. Our legal system is so unbelievably slow it's becoming a joke. Back in the Old West a man charged with a crime was tried in court within a week. No doubt the sheer number of cases working their way through the system nowadays is a major factor, but jockeying lawyers likely play a big role as well.

The problem with the remains being Laundries is we’ll never knew if he was actually the murderer or not .

I can remember in Singapore some years back when 'lee kwan yu [ no idea how to spell it  !! ] was Prime Minister / President ..they used to have public hangings..$ 5 got you in & you could take some beers..I've been there but not to the hangings..

My daughter fancies herself quite the amateur criminologist, and says she's sure Laundrie "unalived himself". I said, "Unalived himself"? :unsure: She told me "suicide" is a flagged word on a lot of sites, so users/members substitute other words/phrases. :lol:

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The problem with the remains being Laundries is we’ll never knew if he was actually the murderer or not .

Circumstantial evidence can be very persuasive. I think it's a safe bet. I don't see it as a 'problem'.

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Especially when it's a skull. Shouldn't take long to say "that's human."

7 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Circumstantial evidence can be very persuasive. I think it's a safe bet. I don't see it as a 'problem'.

What circumstantial evidence? 

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

What circumstantial evidence? 

I haven't followed it, but haven't been able to escape it entirely. Guy and girl go on long road trip. Girl vanishes without explanation by returning boyfriend. She remains missing, until her strangled body turns up out in the road trip country. He vanishes without explanation, despite widespread search. Then his body shows up. 

That's circumstantial evidence that he killed her, and probably himself. It may not be conclusive, but since he'll never be tried, it's moot. Or should public efforts and funds be expended to find "the real killer"?

13 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I haven't followed it, but haven't been able to escape it entirely. Guy and girl go on long road trip. Girl vanishes without explanation by returning boyfriend. She remains missing, until her strangled body turns up out in the road trip country. He vanishes without explanation, despite widespread search. Then his body shows up. 

That's circumstantial evidence that he killed her, and probably himself. It may not be conclusive, but since he'll never be tried, it's moot. Or should public efforts and funds be expended to find "the real killer"?

Well, yeah. It's certainly possible he killed her, but it's also possible he didn't. It's possible a third party killed them both. It's possible he killed her, and his death was a vigilante revenge killing. 

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Well, yeah. It's certainly possible he killed her, but it's also possible he didn't. It's possible a third party killed them both. It's possible he killed her, and his death was a vigilante revenge killing. 

Another theory could be he left her, which he did and someone killed her. He got home and when he found out she was dead, he went off the deep end and committed suicide. Many ways this could go.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Another theory could be he left her, which he did and someone killed her. He got home and when he found out she was dead, he went off the deep end and committed suicide. Many ways this could go.

I wouldn't put a small sum of money on that one.

Meh.
I look at this extravaganza as a yet another media-fueled "shiny object" to (again) distract the public attention away from the ongoing horrors in Afghanistan, the overrun of our Southern border with illegals and their diseases, and the chronic gov't overreach that has turned America into a 3rd world Marxist country rife with shortages and rampant inflation.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Honestly I think it’s just meant to be a distraction from other stories the news media should be covering. It’s a domestic violence case , and sad to say this scenario has probably happened multiple times across the country while the coverage of this is going on. How many other women have went missing since this began? 
It’s news that takes no effort on the media’s part . Easy money for them .

When you think of everything that is going on in the world it’s pretty sad what the news media focuses on , and that they all report the same stories, the only real difference is the way they are biased 

Archived