SASS Wire Forum

Somebody gave me some Black MZ

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Works great in shotgun, I find it's a little stouter than App, needs to be cleaned quicker than App. I find that it was a cheap version of App, unfortunately they quite making it so don't fall in love with it. Sold for $9 a pound and I only have 10 lbs left.

Rafe

I shot a lot of it in 38 spc FC. It worked well. I advise you to get the brass into water with some vinegar right away. If not neutralized the residue will attack the brass leading to split cases. No problem if you drop the brass into a jug of the mixture right after shooting the stage. 

Snakebite 

At $9.99/pound at Sportsman's Warehouse, plus veteran's discount and/or one of their promotional 20% off coupons, I bought a lot of BMZ - probably enough to last the rest of my days anyway. :)

I  decided to try this once when my wife shot BP..honestly I hated it, I reckon it's more corrosive than the real deal, like shooting thru a cloud of smelly perfume, very stout performance, just didn't like it at all  !!

That's just my opinion, I know there are others that love it....

I started out in BP Shooting Goex only .

But I have to say Goex Pinnacle was a lot easier to load and shoot .

Then APP stoped making the Goex Pinnacle for Goex .

I then switched to APP powder .

You can use the Same bullets as smokeless powder  and No lube needed .

Easy peasy cleanup .

And plenty of smoke .

I just miss the Fire !

I never tried the MZ powder before it was discontinued.

( Hear it was a good substitute )

I still have 2 Cases of Goex Pinnacle and 5 Cases of APP .

I don't see me buying any for a while again .

So Saith The Rooster 

I forgot about Pinnacle - I've still got 3+ cases of that around somewhere too - Powderinc was discounting it heavily when it was disco'd, so I stocked up. :)

Pinnacle.jpg

23 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I forgot about Pinnacle - I've still got 3+ cases of that around somewhere too - Powderinc was discounting it heavily when it was disco'd, so I stocked up. :)

Pinnacle.jpg

Good Stuff :D

I still have a fair amount of MZ left.  I use it for shotgun for monthly matches only.  It was so cheap and loading shotgun takes a lot of powder, I couldn't resist.   I just kept picking up more every time I went to Sportsman's.   I generally don't leave my guns uncleaned after a match and haven't noticed any difference or difficulty with clean up.  Measures well, makes plenty of smoke, smells terrible, no flames.  

Black MZ was made for Alliant by American Pioneer Powder. It’s a bit coarser than 3F. American Pioneer Powder is now making it available for Shooters World (We distribute their powder - Clean Shot, Ultimate Pistol, Match Rifle etc).  SW wanted a BP sub for their hunters and cowboy action shooters. So, SW Multi-Black is the same formula as Black MZ made by American Pioneer Powder.  Bottle says APP 3F… Brett (owner of APP) says it’s a bit coarser -2.5 F. I offer it at matches but don’t ship. If you want it by the pound (or case) Graf’s, Powder Valley, Natchez, etc sell/ship it. 

I load it in my SG 40gr (BY WEIGHT) with an ounce of shot. LOTS of smoke! :wub:

I use APP 3F in cartridges so that I can truthfully say I use EVERY item I sell.  

Load it up and make some SMOKE! :)

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Archived