SASS Wire Forum

Monument Honoring the Boll Weevil

Sedalia Dave

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

You got to remember, this is Alabama.   They don't have much to celebrate over there.

I lived in Enterprise, AL while stationed at Fort Rucker. You drive around and see all the profitable peanut fields and you’ll know why they celebrate the boll weevil. 

59 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

9zhb4S.jpg

Gig'em Aggies!;)

War Eagle!:D

All you folks that keep thinking that the state of Alabama is so backwards might want to look into the history of the city of Huntsville.  The state of Alabama had a LOT to do with little things like putting man on the moon. 

The running joke amongst the AeroSpace Engineering program at Auburn back in the '80's was that the space shuttle should have been painted orange and blue instead of black and white because of all of the Auburn grads involved in the program.

Not to mention the half a dozen graduates that have been astronauts.:D

Not too bad for a bunch of back'ard rednecks, huh?<_<

Bob,

I'd be careful about casting aspersions at your neighbors to the west.  Ain't Hank Johnson- the House Rep that worried about Guam tipping over and said so in a committee hearing- still representing a GA district?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Bob,

I'd be careful about casting aspersions at your neighbors to the west.  Ain't Hank Johnson- the House Rep that worried about Guam tipping over and said so in a committee hearing- still representing a GA district?:rolleyes:

Yes, Hank Johnson took over the seat from Cynthia McKinney, "The pride of the South".   He is representative of the House District that sent him to Congress. 

Georgia and Alabama folks have a long rivalry and we often poke at each other.   We would be more than happy to send Hank Johnson your way if your short a village idiot.

Cotton is not a joking subject in the American south.  Peanuts, peanut butter, and Dr. George Washington Carver are revered for good reason.   The G. W. Carver Memorial is near Diamond, Missouri, between Springfield and  Joplin.

11 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Yes, Hank Johnson took over the seat from Cynthia McKinney, "The pride of the South".   He is representative of the House District that sent him to Congress. 

Georgia and Alabama folks have a long rivalry and we often poke at each other.   We would be more than happy to send Hank Johnson your way if your short a village idiot.

Yeah, I know.

Why do you think I brought up Hank?:P

P.S.

Thank you, but, no, we don't need an extra idiot- even if he is extra idiotic. 

The last time I heard,  windowlicker (apologies to all of the windowlickers out there that feel insulted by his inclusion in their ranks) that thought killing 100 year old live oaks because somebody taped a jersey onto a statue was a good idea still lives in the state.  I still think that he should have had to work for the University's grounds keeping for a quarter an hour until he paid the whole fine and restitution in full.  Last I heard, he'd only paid a couple a hundred dollars.

Personally, I always thought Alabama was talking about red tide, which is a poisonous algae that infects the oysters (possibly other seafood, but I pretty much only eat oysters).

Good reason not to support Alabama - if I was the type of person that supported college football, which I'm not.

Archived