SASS Wire Forum

These boots ain't a made for walkin'

Buckshot Bear

2 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Is this some sort of guessing thing or did you buy these and they hurt your feet.

These are the first pair of cowboy boots (Ariat) I've ever owned. I've only ever worn work boots (Blundstones) before.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:48 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

These are the first pair of cowboy boots (Ariat) I've ever owned. I've only ever worn work boots (Blundstones) before.

Those appear to be a roper style, just judging by the toe. I can't see the heel to say for sure. So, they might not be too bad for walking. Ariat has a pretty good reputation for comfortable boots, although my next pair of boots will likely be another pair of Justin boots. I tried a pair on at the Quarter Horse Congress that I really liked with the square toe that is now more fashionable among the Quarter Horse crowd, and actually a little closer to being "period correct" from what I have seen of old boots. The 11EE that I tried on was very comfortable with the orthotics I wear. So much so, I think I could wear them to work.

41 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I think for the present time I will be passing on the addition of spurs.

A good idea. Spurs look cool and all, but can be no fun to downright dangerous. My guess is that in days of old if someone came into town riding a horse and wearing spurs, the first thing they did was take them off.

Archived