SASS Wire Forum

Copper Chore Boy

Buckshot Bear

Always read about folks in the US using copper chore boys taken apart and wrapped around a jag to clean the lead out of a barrel, looked for them for ages down here and they aren't for sale. Found these yesterday at an Australia wide supermarket chain!

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/116562/edco-copper-scourer

This is how much it would have costed to get one to Oz from Amazon -

Capture.thumb.JPG.c0d694ce08df174ac02db18e887bf244.JPG

Just make sure it isn’t copper covered steel wool. 

I see Woolworths is just as helpful as American stores…:angry:

Product Details

Disclaimer:
Woolworths provides general product information such as nutritional information, country of origin and product packaging for your convenience. This information is intended as a guide only, including because products change from time to time. BLAH BLAH BLAH LAWYERISE BLAH BULLSH**!

Woolworths?  That cease to exist in the U.S. forty or fifty years ago.  You folks insist on living in that south Pacific island paradise so you have to accept the cost of all that luxury.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just make sure it isn’t copper covered steel wool. 

I see Woolworths is just as helpful as American stores…:angry:

Product Details

Disclaimer:

Woolworths provides general product information such as nutritional information, country of origin and product packaging for your convenience. This information is intended as a guide only, including because products change from time to time. BLAH BLAH BLAH LAWYERISE BLAH BULLSH**!

Good thought Pat, I'll test it with a magnet.

5 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Woolworths?  That cease to exist in the U.S. forty or fifty years ago.  You folks insist on living in that south Pacific island paradise so you have to accept the cost of all that luxury.

Well some call us the 51st State of the USA :)

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Make sure you aren't using a copper magnet.

I have a special brass magnet I bought off eBay, great for picking up all my brass shells, best thing I ever bought. 

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

The way I read that Amazon ad, that is a pack of 10 for $41, not one for $41.

56 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Well some call us the 51st State of the USA :)

For goodness sake, don't start calling yourself Austrifornia!!  :o

I’ll explain, crackheads stuff Choreboy in a metal or glass pipe to stop the crack from getting sucked up the pipe when they inhaled. The favorite pipe was to snap off a car antenna and stuff Choreboy in one end and wala crack pipe. 
If you saw Choreboy in a car during a traffic stop you had a good chance you had stopped a crackhead.

4 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’ll explain, crackheads stuff Choreboy in a metal or glass pipe to stop the crack from getting sucked up the pipe when they inhaled. The favorite pipe was to snap off a car antenna and stuff Choreboy in one end and wala crack pipe. 
If you saw Choreboy in a car during a traffic stop you had a good chance you had stopped a crackhead.

I looked for copper Chore Boy at our local Ace Hardware store.  Couldn't find it.  Ask The Helpful Hardware Man and he said they keep it under the counter.  Totally puzzled,  I asked why.  He explained that crack heads steal it and tire air presure gauges to make pipes.

He went on to explain meth lab guys come in and a specific list of items. 

P.S.  While I have used Chore Boy to clean crusty bores,  I mainly use it to take rust and crap off of blued metal.  Much safer than steel wool. 

7 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Always read about folks in the US using copper chore boys taken apart and wrapped around a jag to clean the lead out of a barrel, looked for them for ages down here and they aren't for sale. Found these yesterday at an Australia wide supermarket chain!

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/116562/edco-copper-scourer

Capture.thumb.JPG.c0d694ce08df174ac02db18e887bf244.JPG

Yeah but it's free shipping

Archived