SASS Wire Forum

clean glasses

Chili Ron

From reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that all of you people use plastic glasses. My glasses are glass. The lenses are heavier than plastic, but dust doesn't scratch them.

I went to plastic lenses years ago, when my glasses got so thick. When they were glass they weighed about a half a pound, and that's a lot of weight sitting on your nose.

Then I had my cataract surgery. I still wear glasses, but they're probably about 1/8 as thick.

Before I retired I had to have an eye exam every year. Job requirement. So I go into this one eye doctor, and they take your glasses and measure them, so that gives them a starting point, and he took mine and in shock he says, THESE ARE GLASS!!!

Yeah I know. I bought them.

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

From reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that all of you people use plastic glasses. My glasses are glass. The lenses are heavier than plastic, but dust doesn't scratch them.

I went to plastic lenses years ago, when my glasses got so thick. When they were glass they weighed about a half a pound, and that's a lot of weight sitting on your nose.

Then I had my cataract surgery. I still wear glasses, but they're probably about 1/8 as thick.

Before I retired I had to have an eye exam every year. Job requirement. So I go into this one eye doctor, and they take your glasses and measure them, so that gives them a starting point, and he took mine and in shock he says, THESE ARE GLASS!!!

Yeah I know. I bought them.

The problem with glass lenses, is shatter into sharp fragments of glass. I  have a nice “dueling” scar as the result of a freak accident back in the late 80s, I have worn glass lenses since. I was amazingly luck not to have lost my eye and resulting wound required 33 stitches to close up.

Archived