SASS Wire Forum

Vendor won't answer emails

Lonesoms Al SASS37893

I have emailed a vendor 3 times about a part I ordered and installed. It is a bolt on part and requires no fitting by a gunsmith. After installing firearm did not function as before so I reinstalled the original and the problem disappeared. The so called improved part was .30 of an inch shorter than the original and there is no adjustment to make it work as it is a replacement part. I don't want to start bashing this vendor as they are suppose to be reputable but I am at the point I want something done about what I feel is a defective part. I would appreciate any ideas., Al

Do they have an address listed?  If so send a letter return receipt requested.  If there is no address and no phone number tracking them down might get hard.

One thing you could try is to post a "looking for contact information" question.  List the vendor' name without any reference to a problem and ask if anyone knows how to contact the vendor.  If it is a SASS vendor someone is likely to know them and have an address and/or phone number.

20 minutes ago, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

This vendor is well known, not one you find while searching the net.

How long has it been since the first and last e-mail?

The vendor could be traveling either for SASS or not.  Not everybody uses a smart phone for e-mail or brings a laptop with them while traveling.

3 hours ago, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

I have emailed a vendor 3 times about a part I ordered and installed. It is a bolt on part and requires no fitting by a gunsmith. After installing firearm did not function as before so I reinstalled the original and the problem disappeared. The so called improved part was .30 of an inch shorter than the original and there is no adjustment to make it work as it is a replacement part. I don't want to start bashing this vendor as they are suppose to be reputable but I am at the point I want something done about what I feel is a defective part. I would appreciate any ideas., Al

The vendor could be on the road right now.  Lots of big matches at this time of year.

Yes, the vendor COULD be traveling however, as a vendor who travels - I do have a smart phone with me - I ALWAYS check emails and send an “I’m in ABC at the state shoot and will be home on XYZ day and will be in touch”.  Then, every month or so I will go through my emails and check if there are emails or messages that I have missed. There were one or two that fell through the cracks over the summer between EOT and fall shooting… I contacted those I missed and apologized. 

I expect a lot of myself and keeping up with my customers is important. I don’t think I have EVER missed THREE emails from the SAME customer! 

You deserve better. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

I wonder if they work for the company I work for. Management rarely responds to my emails! <_<

Most of the well known vendors around here are responsible folks. If they stick it to someone word of mouth spreads pretty fast and they would feel the back lash. There has got to be some reason that no answers are being received. I don't know what the part is, but I'd be willing to bet that the cost of this part replacement won't make or break the vendor. I find it very unlikely that anyone manufacturing a part is unable to get it within 30 thousand of tolerance, so if your part is that short it must indeed be defective. Try turning it around and see if it is still too short. :ph34r: 

21 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I wonder if they work for the company I work for. Management rarely responds to my emails! <_<

I've tried to send emails from management at my place of hell, uh, I mean employment directly to spam but sadly, that does not work. I'd NEVER think about wanting to contact them. :ph34r:

Al, why the big mystery about the part that is 0.30 short? Revolver or Rifle or Shotgun?

oK, the guessing game … hammer spring, sprue, trigger spring, links or grips

Name it and what it goes on ….. good possibly a forum member has an answer

Just send the vendor a certified mail with return receipt that has your telephone number and email for follow up reply.  You always have the option to stop payment on the part too

On 10/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

This vendor is well known, not one you find while searching the net.

Well known but not on the net? Well known to whom?? Every legit vendor I know is easily accessible on the net or by phone.

To answer some of everyone's questions, I found a phone number and the part in question is only sold by very few vendors and really it's not all about the part it's about not replying to those that have a question about a product or service that you offer. 

13 hours ago, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

To answer some of everyone's questions, I found a phone number and the part in question is only sold by very few vendors and really it's not all about the part it's about not replying to those that have a question about a product or service that you offer. 

If this "vendor" is a small Ma/Pa shop, have you considered that maybe there is some kind of family trauma going on?

We sure have seem to become a very unforgiving society with the advent of the Interweb...

Good luck.

Phantom

14 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

If this "vendor" is a small Ma/Pa shop, have you considered that maybe there is some kind of family trauma going on?

We sure have seem to become a very unforgiving society with the advent of the Interweb...

Good luck.

Phantom

PhantomBorg,

I bet if YOU were the vendor,  your name would be blasted all over the internet and possibly

a few billboards along side the interstate..... :lol:

Your Pal...

..........Widder

28 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

PhantomBorg,

I bet if YOU were the vendor,  your name would be blasted all over the internet and possibly

Your Pal...

..........Widder

You left out sky writing :lol:

OLG 

43 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

PhantomBorg,

Your Pal...

..........Widder

Don’t forget the Goodyear Blimp B)

20 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Good luck.

Phantom

We have become a society where we expect everything “now” . I know I’m guilty of it from time to time . 
Years ago we had a letter, then a telegraph, phone . And now everyone expects a immediate reply to their text or email. The progression has just moved faster recently, when I was a kid I remember people filled out a order form and put a check or cash in a envelope dropping it in the mail and hopefully a month later your order would show up . Now people go on Amazon and if it’s not there 3 days later their pissed . 
Someone’s going to have to invent the star trek transporter soon , but even with that I’ll bet there still will be hazmat charges for powder and primers :) 

Archived