SASS Wire Forum

Front Sight Height?

Crusty Knees

I have a Uberti '73 20".  I want to switch out the stock front sight to a Marbles front sight.  The store I'm buying from says they have 4 heights, .37, .41, .45 and .50  

Is there a recommended front sight height?  The rear sight that's on there is a semi-buckhorn.

Standard front sight height on Uberti toggle-action lever rifles is 0.410"  If you have the factory rear sight still installed, or a similar Marbles rear sight, then 0.410" should be perfect.

good luck, GJ

4 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Measure the original front sight and buy the closest replacement.  Sight is measure from top of sight to bottom of dovetail.

3 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Standard front sight height on Uberti toggle-action lever rifles is 0.410"  If you have the factory rear sight still installed, or a similar Marbles rear sight, then 0.410" should be perfect.

good luck, GJ

Thank you!  Sight ordered.

I just had a marbles front sight put on my Uberti '73 trapper with the 18 inch barrel. The height of the sight was .410. 

1 hour ago, Grass Range said:

I thought the front site was more important than the rear

It all depends on your definition of accuracy, some folks are not all that attached to accuracy.

Imis

I have adjusted all my guns and loads so that point of aim and point of impact are the same.  I don't know if that's good or bad... because now when I miss, I have nothing to blame but myself!  Dagnabbit! :blush:

I have 4 18" Cimarron Brush Poppers in .357. I have the Marbles 45-W on all of them. With them zeroed, the rear sight is is either the lowest or next lowest position.

Archived