SASS Wire Forum

Banned in the UK... sprinkles!

Sixgun Sheridan

You can't make this up, folks... :blink:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/uk/sprinkles-bakery-banned-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

In a statement sent to CNN, West Yorkshire Trading Standards confirmed they had advised the business that the use of E127 is not permitted in this type of confectionery item.
"We stand by this advice and would urge all food business operators, when seeking to use imported foods containing additives, to check that they are permitted for use in the UK," the statement added.

If that had happened in 1773, in the American colonies, we might have had the Boston Sprinkles Party, instead of the Boston Tea Party,.

They would have turned Boston harbor into really nice mixture of colors, for sure.   :FlagAm:

I think I will go get a doughnut, with sprinkles on it, just for spite. Been eating them all my life...but then again, I am only 72. I would not want to shorten my life!!! :blink:

I have visions of me being in the UK eating a doughnut and dropping red sprinkles on the ground. Knowing them they'll call the police and the area will be cordoned off, just like the time when somebody found an empty .22LR case lying on a sidewalk in London.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I would think if you eat enough donuts with E127 sprinkles to get cancer that cancer will probably be the least of your health problems anyway. <_<

If I ever quit smoking for good I MIGHT worry about red dye. Prolly not.

JHC :lol:

A few years ago someone found an empty .223 shell on the elementary school grounds my kids went to. I was talking to the janitor about it while waiting for school to get out.  Apparently everyone was in a bother about it. When my kids came out the Principal was right there, so I asked her about it, just to mess with her. She was all upset about it, and then she remembered I was a shooter. So, she looked at my son(1st grade) and then looked at me and asked if I knew anything about it. I answered " it couldn't have been my son, he never carries anything smaller than a 44 " and walked away, enjoying the funny look she got on her face.

Archived