SASS Wire Forum

Rye Miles #13621

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I wish he would have yelled "There's something on the wing!"

We would likely have had to spend the entire flight trying to explain that joke to the rest of the crew.

Not to downplay Shatner's trip in anyway, but isn't it kind of sad to think that the best the only country to ever put men on the moon way back in 1969 can do by 2021 is pop them up just high enough to "qualify" for the title astronaut? I miss having a real space program.

1 hour ago, Doc X said:

Not to downplay Shatner's trip in anyway, but isn't it kind of sad to think that the best the only country to ever put men on the moon way back in 1969 can do by 2021 is pop them up just high enough to "qualify" for the title astronaut? I miss having a real space program.

Am I missing something? I don’t think anyone seriously called him an astronaut!

The country didn’t do squat it was a private person. Jeff Bazos. Even more pathetic .

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Am I missing something? I don’t think anyone seriously called him an astronaut!

The country didn’t do squat it was a private person. Jeff Bazos. Even more pathetic .

50 miles/264,000', and you're officially in space. I think seven or eight of the twelve X15 pilots broke this barrier and were authorized to wear some sort of astronaut patch or decoration.

21 hours ago, Doc X said:

I hardly consider the Juno and Cassini missions to be less than real space programs. Until we have something significant for humans to do in outer space there's no reason to send them back out there.

49 minutes ago, punxsutawneypete said:

With my heart I don't think they would let me try it.

Yeah, it'd probably kill me too....but there's no way that the mortician would get the smile off of my face.B)

Archived