SASS Wire Forum

No Limit!

Subdeacon Joe

https://kval.com/outdoors/oregon-lifts-all-limits-at-reservoir-calls-on-anglers-to-catch-and-keep-fish

"The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife has lifted all size limits, daily limits and gear limits for all species of fish in Malheur Reservoir, starting Monday.

I’m not one to take lightly the liberalization of limits and gear restrictions but given the current water levels and past experience we expect fish will die during the winter due to low oxygen levels,” said Dave Banks, District Fish Biologist, ODFW. “My goal with the removal of limits and gear restrictions is to provide opportunities for anglers to use these fish."

Open season on fish in the reservoir will continue through December 31, 2021.

"The reservoir has very limited water due to low winter and spring precipitation and exceptionally warm temperatures," according to the wildfire department. "ODFW staff have observed fish kills during previous winters when such conditions exist. Based on the developing La Nina and associated projections for a cooler winter, ODFW believes there is a high likelihood that conditions in the reservoir will become lethal for fish this winter."

Sounds like SOMEBODY has some game management skills!

Bet the tree huggers go nuts!!!

21 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Throw that  onw back.  It won't fit my skillet.

Yeah, but if you put him on the stringer, his female costar might show up and she was something!

A19BBD7A-0F60-492B-B0F1-D4AC0A31FA1E.thumb.jpeg.affb7f052fbedbf2a420267c06a072a2.jpeg

Archived