SASS Wire Forum

Sold pending funds: fixed sight 5 1/2" bbl ROA for sale $1900

Joe West

I'm lowering the price a bit, they show their use and abuse but you don't have to baby them. I'd give a buyer a 5 day inspection period to return undamaged and complete for full refund less shipping.

5 1/2" bbl, blue Ruger Old Army , pair in original boxes. I've used them as my main match guns since Ruger introduced the fixed sight 5 1/2" models. They are worn but function perfectly if fed and cared for properly. As some of you could attest having seen me use them over the years. My hands are unable to work them one handed due to my advanced arthritis and rather than use them two handed I'll go back to my old model vaqueros. I'd rather somebody else enjoy them than just hang them on the wall. Very smooth and light, all action work or mods by me.

Several spare parts [mostly nipples] are included. I've shot many clean major matches in all weather with them , many wins, and quite a few trick shots. They'll serve. $1900 for the pair plus shipping to states that'll allow them or face to face. If your state or locality requires C&B to FFL that's ok but I'm not going to try and send them to CA or HI. Badlands Bob still not included at this price.

GOA2012046.jpg.837846d0d2f3770687ae2426e3c96a1d.jpg

roa.jpg

roa2.jpg

• Joe West changed the title to My Pair of ROA for sale $2200, pics added or sent by text
  • Joe West changed the title to My Pair of fixed sight 5 1/2" bbl ROA for sale $2200
  • Joe West changed the title to My Pair of fixed sight 5 1/2" bbl ROA for sale $2100
1 minute ago, Texas Lizard said:

Why are they calling your name.....

Texas Lizard

Yes, but they're calling yours louder... Hear that? TEXAS LIZARD, buy me! :lol:

Good 0l' Joe was an my posse for my first 2-3 Tennessee State matches shooting those bad boys; I'd love to have them, but then I'd have to sell some other toys to pay for them, lol. 

6 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Yes, but they're calling yours louder... Hear that? TEXAS LIZARD, buy me! :lol:

Good 0l' Joe was an my posse for my first 2-3 Tennessee State matches shooting those bad boys; I'd love to have them, but then I'd have to sell some other toys to pay for them, lol. 

Got 5 pairs already....And no room....

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Joe West will you be going to the SE Regionals by any chance? I’m interested in them, but for that much money I’d like to see them and hold them. 

TS:  I think the proper word yer looking for is "fondle"

:P

T. S. Don't blame you, but I won't be there, sorry. These old pieces did manage 2005 and 2006 Miss. State Frontiersman championships for me. I can't remember the other year I won there but it wasn't a Rabbit Ridge match.

Anytime I have failed to win it wasn't due to these guns. They are not for show. I travel by motorcycle so weight/space are issues . I've not had a backup or needed one since I started using these. they are as good as I know how to make them.

1 hour ago, Joe West said:

T. S. Don't blame you, but I won't be there, sorry. These old pieces did manage 2005 and 2006 Miss. State Frontiersman championships for me. I can't remember the other year I won there but it wasn't a Rabbit Ridge match.

Anytime I have failed to win it wasn't due to these guns. They are not for show. I travel by motorcycle so weight/space are issues . I've not had a backup or needed one since I started using these. they are as good as I know how to make them.

I've seen these in action.  They are utterly reliable as they can be.  Wish I had the gold dust laying around.  

2 hours ago, Joe West said:

Joe, if anyone wants them at SER, I'll be happy to take them for you.

If you don't know Joe West's work, he's one of the finest gunsmiths available. He's fixed some issues for me that others could not.

That would be a great picture if Badlands Bob weren't in it. Maybe someone could do some Photoshop work?

• Joe West changed the title to My Pair of fixed sight 5 1/2" bbl ROA for sale $1900

BTT for Joe! I can pick these up from Joe thru Tuesday & take them to the happy new owner at the SER.

• Joe West changed the title to Sold pending funds: fixed sight 5 1/2" bbl ROA for sale $1900

Archived