SASS Wire Forum

What day is it?

Don't know, don't care...unless I've got something special to do like doctor's appointments, shooting with  friend, having lunch with  friend, going to see something we haven't seen before (or maybe we have) with a friend, people watching with  friend, or solving all the world's problems with a friend, shopping with a friend....or just hanging out with a friend. 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Happy Columbus Day!:FlagAm:

Columbus day is tomorrow. October 12th.

I have never agreed with this "move the holiday to Monday or Friday so we can have a three-day weekend" nonsense. Independence day is the 4th of July. Washington's birthday (not President's Day - that's stupid) is February 22nd. Armistice Day is November 11th. Decoration Day is May 30th.

The only holidays that should have a fluctuating date are Easter and Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I have never agreed with this "move the holiday to Monday or Friday so we can have a three-day weekend" nonsense. Independence day is the 4th of July. Washington's birthday (not President's Day - that's stupid) is February 22nd. Armistice Day is November 11th. Decoration Day is May 30th.

The only holidays that should have a fluctuating date are Easter and Thanksgiving.

In more and more places October 12 is no longer Columbus Day it is Indigenous People's Day.  The chruch that Washington attended has taken down a plaque noting his membership in that chruch.

6 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

In more and more places October 12 is no longer Columbus Day it is Indigenous People's Day.

Except in Hawaii where is is Discoverer's Day. Not as much shuts down there because of it, but the Federal holiday still applies to certain government functions.

There's historical artifacts that substantiate the Norse were here way before Columbus. And there are artifacts indicating the Chinese/Asians were along our west coast, way, way before anyone. The Italians get all bothered about this. 

We didn't become the "America's" until Amerigo Vespucci got involved in the early 1500's. So Columbus didn't discover America!

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

No it's TODAY Oct 11, 2021 the SECOND Monday of the month of October. Look it up!

29 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

There's historical artifacts that substantiate the Norse were here way before Columbus. And there are artifacts indicating the Chinese/Asians were along our west coast, way, way before anyone. The Italians get all bothered about this. 

We didn't become the "America's" until Amerigo Vespucci got involved in the early 1500's. So Columbus didn't discover America!

Columbus discovered the New World which led to the founding of America! 

36 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Columbus discovered the New World which led to the founding of America! 

So it should be the 1492 project rather than the 1619 project.

Howdy,

Getcha set of kids alphabet blocks.

First thing each morning spell out the day.

keeps folks with jobs happy somehow.

I still aint figgured out what a retired fella is supposed to do on a holiday.....

Best

CR

4 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I still aint figgured out what a retired fella is supposed to do on a holiday.....

Best

CR

Supposed to do?

Whatever strikes your fancy.  (Did you ever have your fancy struck?)

Don't know, don't care.  The only time I notice what day it might be is on Sunday and that is because some stores are closed or shut early.  Other than that a day is a day.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:10 AM, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Best

CR

Same thing you do every other day...Get up and take a leak...Then decide what to do...

Texas Lizard

Archived