SASS Wire Forum

Kentucky State Match 2022!!

Cat A Tonic

One of these could be yours…but you’ll need to sign up and come shoot with us!!! Kentucky State 2022- Shoot Out in the Hills. April 21-23rd. Get you entry and release at ponderosa-pines.com.

890C4996-1293-46A6-8A7F-E355A353657E.jpeg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ky State Championship is just a week away, still time to register n load ammo. Copperhead Joe, Cat A Tonic and the rest of the Ponderosa Pines Posses puts on a great match.                            

Gonna’ hafta’ miss it this year!  Just got a job for that weekend and I can’t turn it down.

See y’all at Black Gold!!

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Gonna’ hafta’ miss it this year!  Just got a job for that weekend and I can’t turn it down.

We'll miss you. :wacko:

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Job?!?

Like w*rk???

Look forward to gettin' together at Black Gold. Love to School Marm!

I'm still gonna pack some long johns, you know how those weather men/women like to lie to us about nice weather and then dump 2 inches of snow on us.

22 hours ago, Mountain Wolf said:

I never trust Ky weather in April.

But if you hold your breath, the weather will change before you pass out!!

3 hours ago, Brandon A Bovine SASS 27688 said:

The last extended forecast said they would flip the switch to summer on Thursday!

Don't think it will be July summer heat. Just pleasant.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Don't think it will be July summer heat. Just pleasant.

This cowboy ain't takin no chances. It was snowing at our last monthly and I was a bit sweaty with no jacket. 

KY State is only a few days away!  Confirmation letters were sent out to all pre-registered shooters.  If you haven't received one, please reach out to me.   WE HAVE ONE LAST MINUTE OPENING FOR A CABIN ROOM IF ANYONE IS INTERRESTED.  Email me at ponderosapinesposse@gmail.com if you would like to reserve it.  First come first serve. 

I've had several questions on how much ammo may be needed for Wild Bunch and/or PCC.  Here are estimates:  Wild Bunch- 100 rounds 45 ACP, 50 rounds rifle and 25 SG.  PCC- 140 round count for 4 stages.   

For those that may be traveling up I75 North bound. In for a delay at the border of Tennessee Kentucky.

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/rock-slide-on-i-75-in-campbell-county-forces-lane-closure/

Heading south in the AM tomorrow. See ya there.

3 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

For those that may be traveling up I75 North bound. In for a delay at the border of Tennessee Kentucky.

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/rock-slide-on-i-75-in-campbell-county-forces-lane-closure/

Uh oh. Might have to take the scenic route through the tunnel.

Might get a bit damp today but shaping up for great weather for main match. Gonna be fun.

14 hours ago, Waimea said:

Have fun in Kentucky, you cowpokes!

You should be here too.

Just wanted to say that we miss you all and hope everyone is having a great time. Pinky and I were unable to make it this year due to caring for her father in a hospice situation. We’ve been staying with him and alternating 24 hour shifts to keep him comfortable for the last 3 weeks. He passed last night at 12:43 am. It was a long suffering bout with COPD. We thank God that it is finally over for him. 

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for Pinky and your family.

Archived