SASS Wire Forum

Prayers up for Ms. Allie Mo

On another post, she responded with:

"This may be the perfect place to tell you this.  I'm too weak to wield sticks.
    I'm very sick. I'm glad to find out that the tests verified it. Not glad to find out what it is. I have a malignant mass in my abdomen "the size of a softball." Quote from my PC Dr.
    I went to my PC doctor on 9/22. He ordered blood work and CT scans. I even felt well enough to go out to lunch after.
    By 10/4 I couldn't keep food down, was in a lot of pain, had a telephone appointment with the Dr.,  and went to the ER in Jackson that night. They did the CT scans and found cancer. They recommended I see a certain oncologist (chief of oncology at Sutter Health). I have an appointment with him on Monday, 10/11. They also said I should have surgery ASAP.
    On 10/8, from talking to the oncologists aide, I went to the ER in Sacramento as my condition was worse (pain and nausea despite Zofran and Percoset and maybe they'd keep me in the hospital until I saw the oncologist. They redid the CT scan and the results were more detailed. Of course, that was all bad. They sent me home.
    So here I am, waiting for Monday."

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give her strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon her. Bless the means employed for the working out of her cure, granting that she may so endure her sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of her body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of her soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Almighty Lord, Physician of souls and bodies, You humble and lift up, You reprimand and heal, visit Your servant with Your mercy for she is suffering. Stretch forth Your arm which is so full of healing and health, and cure her, raising her from her bed and pain. Reprove the spirit of weakness which is in her and drive far from her pain, wounds, chills, fever and weakness. If she has sins or transgressions, loosen, remit and forgive them in Your love for mankind. O Lord, have compassion on Your creation, in Christ Jesus our Lord, with whom You are blessed, together with Your all holy, good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages.  Amen.

Allie, remember the Alamo or at least the Morton's behind it?  And, getting stuck in a snowstorm in Branson and paying an ungodly amount of money for bad food!  Missed you at the Western Regional this year.  For sure will have to have dinner down at the docks next year.

1 hour ago, Major Crimes said:

Miss Allie if you are in Jackson Wyoming you may know my Mother  (Gwen Burns).

She also went thru a cancer diagnosis and I pray the result is the same for you.

Prayers up from way down South.

Major,

Allie lives near Jackson, CA.

Allie,  you are in my prayers.

Prayers for a swift and complete recovery!!

:ph34r:  Prayers, Allie, from both of us, for you and your husband, and for the medical professionals who will attend you.  May their judgement and skill be enhanced by the Master Physician, and your procedures and recovery be sure.

Bad and Goode Bascomb

Archived