SASS Wire Forum

12 ga shell holder

Snakebite

BM... that is what I was looking for, tnx. They are out of stock, but at least someone makes them. I looked at the CH4D, it appears that they are just a custom maker. Sounds like they would cost much more than I'm willing to pay just for an experiment. 

Snakebite

4 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

BM... that is what I was looking for, tnx. They are out of stock, but at least someone makes them. I looked at the CH4D, it appears that they are just a custom maker. Sounds like they would cost much more than I'm willing to pay just for an experiment. 

Snakebite

You could backorder it from Brownells https://www.brownells.com/reloading/reloading-presses/shotshell-presses/12ga-brass-case-shell-holder-sku000003821-85305-181140.aspx?sku=000-003-821

2 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Snakebite

I have a CH4D shell holder and dies for my 12 gauge brass.  They work great, but be sure to lube the brass the first time you resize it.  I had been using the RCBS dies and the difference was incredible.

1 hour ago, Ozark Shark said:

I have a CH4D shell holder and dies for my 12 gauge brass.  They work great, but be sure to lube the brass the first time you resize it.  I had been using the RCBS dies and the difference was incredible.

RCBS dies didn’t even touch the brass on mine, including on brass that wouldn’t fit in the chamber. Wouldn’t even look at anything other than CH4D for dies for my SG. 

Archived