SASS Wire Forum

Trigger return springs

2 minutes ago, Cayuse Jack, SASS #19407 said:

It’s for a Ruger sa.

People used to bend the Ruger springs like this to make them feel lighter.

Most people now just buy an aftermarket replacement.

My last two 10 packs of Wolff 30oz trigger return springs have been out of spec. Working on finding alternatives. Wolff is looking into the problem. 

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

My last two 10 packs of Wolff 30oz trigger return springs have been out of spec. Working on finding alternatives. Wolff is looking into the problem. 

Out of spec, how?

OLG 

8 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Out of spec, how?

OLG 

I believe they are too long. When installed they are making the trigger pull worse not better. I put in a spring from an older kit and the trigger pull is perfect. I’ve done hundreds of these spring swaps and this batch is not right. When mic’ed they bad ones are a bit longer. 

7 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I believe they are too long. When installed they are making the trigger pull worse not better. I put in a spring from an older kit and the trigger pull is perfect. I’ve done hundreds of these spring swaps and this batch is not right. When mic’ed they bad ones are a bit longer. 

WOW, in all my years,  I have never encountered any fitment issue with Wolff springs. :huh:

OLG 

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WOW, in all my years,  I have never encountered any fitment issue with Wolff springs. :huh:

OLG 

They said the same thing. They were very nice but requested pics. I sent them pics with them on the micrometer. They are looking into it.

A quick Google search indicates he closed his shop and retired about a dozen or so years ago. I found a Michigan obituary under his name dated 2012.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

They said the same thing. They were very nice but requested pics. I sent them pics with them on the micrometer. They are looking into it.

Any update from Wolff?

OLG 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Those were made by Trapper Gunsprings on the east side of Michigan. I have several sets (not for sale)

Have you ck'd to see if that spring could be made?

I'll take 4. ;)

OLG 

On 10/12/2021 at 12:03 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Have you ck'd to see if that spring could be made?

I'll take 4. ;)

OLG 

I could but we already have one made to our specs that I like just as well and fill the bill a little better. 

Archived