SASS Wire Forum

Selling brass to a CA resident...

Brett Cantrell

Absolutely not true. We can also buy bullets, primers, and powder. When we can find them, that is!

Won't be long to happen everywhere if it's true  .

It All Starts in Kalifornia and Bleeds over to America .

7 hours ago, The Aggie Rifleman, SASS#55213 said:

Never heard that but it wouldn't surprise me that the People's Republic of the Left Coast found that brass causes Cancer and needed to be banned. 

Everything is known to the state of California to cause cancer.   How they figured it out when NOBODY else seems to have discovered this is amazing!

Seriously, the last time I was in Calif I went to a audio-visual supply store and practically everything had that known to cause cancer sign on it.

By the way, do you know why California is no longer abbreviated as "Calif?"   They figured out that it stood for "Come And Live In Florida!"

Going from memory for California, should be enough to find the relevant laws and regulation...

Brass is no problem. As far as I know, primers are also not a problem (might be some weight threshold).

For bullets, monitor restrictions on lead; changes are likely.

You are allowed 20 pounds of smokeless powder before restrictions begin to apply.

Same for 1 pound of black powder.

I don't know the details for powder restrictions but assume there are at least storage requirements beyond those limits.

San Diego and San Bernardino counties have something like a powder ledger to record sales. Not sure how or if that applies to Internet purchases. Also pretty certain this has never solved or prevented a crime.

When I lived in that state, I had to show ID and sign a ledger at the pharmacists to purchase 4 ounces of Potassium Nitrate over the counter (needed a quarter teaspoon for corned beef).

Apparently 4 ounces was the maximum legal retail sale. This happened after Oklahoma City. Before then, it was out on the shelves by canning supplies.

17 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Going from memory for California, should be enough to find the relevant laws and regulation...

Brass is no problem. As far as I know, primers are also not a problem (might be some weight threshold).

For bullets, monitor restrictions on lead; changes are likely.

You are allowed 20 pounds of smokeless powder before restrictions begin to apply.

Same for 1 pound of black powder.

I don't know the details for powder restrictions but assume there are at least storage requirements beyond those limits.

San Diego and San Bernardino counties have something like a powder ledger to record sales. Not sure how or if that applies to Internet purchases. Also pretty certain this has never solved or prevented a crime.

When I lived in that state, I had to show ID and sign a ledger at the pharmacists to purchase 4 ounces of Potassium Nitrate over the counter (needed a quarter teaspoon for corned beef).

Apparently 4 ounces was the maximum legal retail sale. This happened after Oklahoma City. Before then, it was out on the shelves by canning supplies.

Remember, private party can NOT ship powder or primers.

OLG 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:10 AM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

We cannot get loaded ammo thru the mail, but reloading components are still fine.  

If you have an FFL #3 (C&R FFL) ammo can be shipped directly to you for your use otherwise you also need CADOJ ammo sales permit.  An FFL #3 is cheap so it wouldn't take a lot of ammo purchases to pay for it.

They have been working on Serialized cases here in Maryland for over a decade.  So far, we have managed to get it shut down every time, but they have time and unlimited resources on their side.  If I have to serialize my ammo, it will be #FJB-000001, #FJB-000002, but only because LetsGoBrandon-000001 won't fit on some of the cases. :rolleyes:

Archived