SASS Wire Forum

I'm a Republican BUT!!!

I have donated a few dollars to some Republican candidates in the past but things have gotten rediculous.  I get forty or fifty emails a day from RNC, Trump, Lindsey Graham and literally every republican in the country.  I don't know if these are just an irritation or if they are spam seeking contributions.  I keep deleting them or moving to junk but they just keep coming.  Anyone else being hounded to death by these emails?

cannot remember a time when I WASN'T getting all those "begging for money cuz we're broke" solicitations.

IF and that is a very big IF they actually worked for me and did what they promised and told the truth I would support them.

That said I have a hard time believing that anything they say is in my interests or intended to do something besides line their pockets.

Both major parties are guilty as well as the myriad of other political word spouters looking to scam the public into helping them buy their next house in Martha's Vineyard.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Every day here. All year round. I thought if I stopped sending them money they would go away.

Quite the opposite. Now they are titled "did you forget?" or "statement prepared for ***", or "help us defeat *** before the they destroy the world" or my personal favorite "Personal poll prepared for ***"

Most of the time more of this stuff shows up than bills or any other correspondence.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

46 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I have donated a few dollars to some Republican candidates in the past but things have gotten rediculous.  I get forty or fifty emails a day from RNC, Trump, Lindsey Graham and literally every republican in the country.  I don't know if these are just an irritation or if they are spam seeking contributions.  I keep deleting them or moving to junk but they just keep coming.  Anyone else being hounded to death by these emails?

Yep.   I just figure any good deed gets punished along with the mediocre

Dad donated a $100 to the McCain campaign.   That was a lot of money for a couple living on retirement.   What follows was a flood of requests for more donations.  He was furious!  In that campaign alone they had to have spent twice what he'd donated in mailout solicitations back to him.  Year after year they kept sending him solicitations.  He passed away in 2012.  But not according to the Republican party.  The mail kept coming.  We would get it and mark "deceased" and return.  Dad would be over 100 years old and we occasionally get his Republican mail. Melinda even invited him to some event.

I get them. I have donated to local “R” politicians to me, wherever I am living. But now I get all these emails from people running in states I have never lived in or even been to. I thought for the longest time that it was because literally sent money to a candidate in either Georgia or Illinois because their name was similar to a candidate in Oregon. That’s when my irritating emails really kicked in and still come to this day, just not as many. 

The “R’s” took a page from the “D’s” playbook on soliciting under the guise of “what affects us elsewhere affects us locally - donate everywhere you can.” 

I get requests for donations and invites to rallies from the Democrats all the time, both on my phone and in the mail. Because my ex-wife is Chinese they must think I'm a liberal. Either that, or they naturally assume anyone who can stand to live as close to Seattle as I do would have to be a lefty.

44 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I get them. I have donated to local “R” politicians to me, wherever I am living. But now I get all these emails from people running in states I have never lived in or even been to. I thought for the longest time that it was because literally sent money to a candidate in either Georgia or Illinois because their name was similar to a candidate in Oregon. That’s when my irritating emails really kicked in and still come to this day, just not as many. 

The “R’s” took a page from the “D’s” playbook on soliciting under the guise of “what affects us elsewhere affects us locally - donate everywhere you can.” 

Yep.

I just started unsubscribing to them since they started the avalanche a few weeks ago. Be careful of some of the forms used for donations, if you aren't careful, you may be signing up for RECURRING payments instead of a one time donation.

A pox on all their houses!

My donations for the past few years have been the Second Amendment Foundation (tax deductable!:)) and St. Jude’s Hospital.  Republicans and Democrats can go piss up the same rope.

I don't know why they mess with this nickel and dime stuff when there is so much money funneled in from special interest groups and billionaires that buy the elections. 

I got my first taste of how politics worked when I was a kid.  Wealthiest guy in our neighborhood stopped in and visited with dad. He wanted dad to go to a $50 (1960 dollars) a plate fundraiser. Dad said he couldn't afford it.  Guy said he already bought 10 tickets and just needed people to use them. Dad bought a new pair of slacks and dress shirt and attended.

19 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Just donate to the RNC and provide the name and address of your favorite dem. 

I like the idea, but I don't have a favorite dem.

7 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Dad donated a $100 to the McCain campaign…. He passed away in 2012….

I’m sorry for your dad’s death and I am sorry after his death he started voting Democrat

It's not just politicians. In the early to mid 80s I donated to the second amendment foundation. Maybe 25 bucks. Wasn't a lot, but it was what I could afford, and I thought they were people that were fighting the good fight.

For the next 5 years or so, at least once a week, I got a letter from them asking me to donate again. They spent much more money on postage than I gave them.

I don't donate to anybody anymore.

Start sending their prepaid envelopes back filled with junk mail, if they're unrepentant send them each others requests/begging mail; pizza offers should be popular.

Try forwarding the begging e-mails to each other, or to the different political party/politician .... of your choice .... ;)

I was once a card carrying Republican. I still vote that way by default, but I quit giving them money LONG ago cuz I got tired of them going to Washington and jumping in bed with the Demoncrats. Not much has changed.

JHC

I vote Republican because very few if any are anti-gun where MOST of the dems are! I only donate to gun groups, NRA, GOA, 2ndAmendment Fnd. Ohioans for CC, Ohio Gunowner groups. Anything I get from any candidates goes in the garbage.

EXCEPTION: I do have a guy that lives on my street that's running for city council that's republican and I gave him $10.00 and got a sign in my yard. My town has very few republicans. I also donated to a lady republican that's running for congressman in my district even though she has a snowballs chance in he%^!! 

Who has extra money to donate to politics when they're trying to afford primers? :o

17 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I don't know why they mess with this nickel and dime stuff when there is so much money funneled in from special interest groups and billionaires that buy the elections. 

Because their greedy . They want every nickel and dime . And wasn’t it PT Barnum that said it’s easier to steal $1 from a million people than a million from one person. 
My whole life the republicans have been nothing but a speed bump for the democrats agenda 

I get tons of emails also. Every once in awhile I used to get a flyer from RNC asking which direction the party should go.  I finally sent one back to them with the simple statement "if you don't know what direction we should be going, then all is lost".  I don't get those anymore. 

BS

They spend twice or three times more on sending me mail for more money than I sent in the first place! Ridiculous!

Archived