SASS Wire Forum

Lotta Hot

Yul Lose

My wife manages a citrus and avocado farming operation and some of the workers that live there raise most of their produce there on the ranch in their garden. Well they found out that I like hot peppers so they send some home with her on occasion and today they sent home a bunch. Habaneros, Serranos and jalapeño peppers. My step son makes salsa so I’m sending the box of peppers over to him the peppers outside the box I’ll use myself.

1C3612C5-3417-4E95-B4A1-2A388658CF1C.jpeg

6E5F4D19-E47F-4B17-9099-E90AC4328034.jpeg

Lucky man....   Have my own supplier but he starts at hab's and goes up to Trinadad Scorpion and Carolina Reapers   Laughed, he puts 1 Reaper in a pot of chili.  They eat all the chili around the pepper then wash it off to use in the next pot.        GW    Pepper head of the 9th deree

Those red serranos should be tasty!

Oh thank God. I thought this was gonna be another thread about your stalker.  :lol:

I got my wife, the self professed can't take hot white girl, hooked on hatch chilies when we went to New Mexico. 

She still doesn't know that I spice up most of the dishes I cook with different chilies or peppers. I gotta be careful about what I add.

Those do look tasty, Yul.

The thing about any of the hot peppers is once you de seed them and remove the white membrane inside they lose 99% of their heat. I made scrambled eggs this morning and used 3 serranos, 3 habaneros and 2 jalapeños and there was hardly any heat at all. I’ve won bets before eating habanero chili’s that way. Smart bettors will make you eat the whole pepper, I don’t bet with them.

Archived