SASS Wire Forum

Paying it forward

I like sub sandwiches from Jersey Mike’s.  Two policemen got in line about 3 customers behind me.  I paid for my sub and gave the cashier an extra $20, telling her to apply $10 to each cop’s bill.  I got my carry-out sandwich and myself out before I was discovered.  Felt great!  :D

Common practice in this area for someone to pay for a meal for the drive through for the customer behind them.  I've done it multiple times, and had it done for me as well.

4 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I've done a bit of this, but it's just between me and The Boss.

JHC

Ditto

I never really considered it “paying it forward” as much as I consider it payback for the good that has happened to me in a somewhat rocky life. 

Having said that I do like the concept very much. I think it’s nice when folks help out or show appreciation to others by doing some charitable thing. 

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel one morning with four friends.  All of us are veterans, but only three were wearing clothing showing that we were.  When our bill came we were told that the ladies at a big round table in the corner had paid for us.

Seven ladies with four little kids flat out made our day.  Sure did ruin a good grouch fest. :P

Archived