SASS Wire Forum

Fact or Fiction?

16 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I believe it. A 1911 is a badass gun. Tom Hanks blew up a tank with one.

1911 blows up tanks.gif

Somebody needs to tell that meme creator that it's a 1911, not a 911.

Also if you watch the full movie scene you'll see where it jammed at least once while Hanks was firing at the tank. I've almost made it a side hobby to count the number of times I've seen a 1911 jam during an action scene in a movie.

4 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

When I found that gif, many many years ago, I saved it to my computer, and I uploaded it the photo bucket, so I could post it on websites when I thought it was appropriate.

Then Photobucket started charging people money to post. And I quit posting. And then my computer crashed and took all my pictures.

Not a problem. Many of them were on photo bucket. I would just download them to my new computer.

Photobucket ate pieces of all of my pictures. That picture was a little bit wider originally, and there was a one in front of the nine.

I also have a picture of my oldest grandchild holding her new baby sister in her lap. Her face stops even with her eyes. The top of her head is gone.

Thank you photo bucket.

I suppose it doesn't help at all, To read "the rest of the story" which includes the eye witness whom saw it happen.  Nor the Japanese accounts of a 45 bullet hole in the head.  Obviously a "fake" terminal wound.

12 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Also if you watch the full movie scene you'll see where it jammed at least once while Hanks was firing at the tank. I've almost made it a side hobby to count the number of times I've seen a 1911 jam during an action scene in a movie.

It jammed because Hanks -- severely wounded and bleeding out -- was limp-wristing the gun. That happens sometimes, when you're dealing with manly calibers and a gun built to cycle with a cartridge that has tank-stopping power. :FlagAm:

Something a 9mm Glock doesn't have to worry much about. B)

19 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I suppose it doesn't help at all, To read "the rest of the story" which includes the eye witness whom saw it happen.  Nor the Japanese accounts of a 45 bullet hole in the head.  Obviously a "fake" terminal wound.

The story also fails to mention that the Japanese treated Baggett sort of like a celebrity prisoner (at least by their standards) and even gave him the option of committing seppuku instead of rotting away in prison. I guess the Japanese must really like you when they will actually let you disembowel yourself. :mellow:

Archived