SASS Wire Forum

Venmo as gunbroker payment

Trigger Mike

He just sent me a reply to my asking for his ffl email for my dealer.  He said for me to send the money and he will send me the info I need.  Went on to add I didn't sound like I was serious  about buying his gun and could terminate if I wanted to.  I'm going to ignore his email for now.  

7 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

He just sent me a reply to my asking for his ffl email for my dealer.  He said for me to send the money and he will send me the info I need.  Went on to add I didn't sound like I was serious  about buying his gun and could terminate if I wanted to.  I'm going to ignore his email for now.  

Total scam. The photos from Canada prove it. Do not send him any money. Ignore him or he will give you some other sob story to pull you back in.

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

My gut says something is wrong.  

That's Jimini Cricket whispering in your ear. Listen to him. I have seen the same thing on RVs, high-end fishfinders, and more. Some scammers even go so far as to slightly alter the images they rip to hide their scam. Here is an example from a scammer and a real auction. Notice how they tried to alter the look of the grips. It is the same photo, just altered to fool a buyer.

Colt Original.JPG

Colt Altered.JPG

I miss watching jiminy cricket.  Those pics would have fooled me.  goodness, these guys are good.  Did I mention I did a search for his name in Kentucky and the main name that came up that matched is a personal injury attorney.  Seems like attorneys know how to take a credit card if it was legit.  I didn't really need it, but a friend has a son on the school shotgun team with my son and I thought i'd bid to keep an eye on it for him.  Even told him if I get it, he could have it for the exact amount I had paid for it, no profit.  He was recently scammed on gun broker.   we both decided to leave this one be.  

Archived