SASS Wire Forum

15 minutes ago, JohnWesleyHardin said:

Natchez Shooting Supplies has primers this morning.

Federal small pistol mag primers as well as the large pistol primers that have been available for awhile.  Same high prices but you can buy 10,000.

56 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Interesting.  $934 gets me 10,000 Federal small magnum match primers.  Tempting.

$1,005.50 with Shipping, Tax and Hasmat fees.

Not convinced.   When demand drops back to normal, prices will SOMEWHAT.   I'll cruise for another year to two on my stockpile, thanks.

A year ago, "we're never going to see primers again"

Now, it's "prices are sky high."

Future - more back to normal month by month. 

This is just about on the schedule that the industry leaders said last fall would play out - supplies would start getting back on shelves in September 2021 and normalize by New Years 2022.  

Stay tuned!  GJ

15 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Or if you buy 10,000 $934/10,000 - 9.34 cents per primer

Is that about two months supply for you and the family ?!

And since your son shoots twice as fast as you, does that count as double the primers needed ??

(sarcasm added for humor)

9 minutes ago, T-Square said:

Is that about two months supply for you and the family ?!

And since your son shoots twice as fast as you, does that count as double the primers needed ??

(sarcasm added for humor)

That's about 6 months for us.  He just thinks he shoots twice as fast as me.  So far he's always below me on the final list. 

16 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That's about 6 months for us.  He just thinks he shoots twice as fast as me.  So far he's always below me on the final list. 

Oh, he's faster than you already.  He just needs to put all the shots on target.  Then there will be a new top dog in the family.

Was able to get some early yesterday before they ran out. Not as many as I would have liked (lot of big expenses this month)

But did grab a few. E-mail today says they have shipped.

Was also able to let a few friends know really early and they picked some up also.

Yes they was on the high side. But at least we got a few.

Have been able to hit the local Cabelas and have picked some up the last few months at $79. 

Archived