SASS Wire Forum

Cap't Kirk going into space

Rye Miles #13621

Any chance he will stay there?

OMG, that was almost blasphemy coming from a guy who has been to Start Trek conventions not only in costume, but in full prosthetic makeup as well.  I even attended the "Sit Long and Prosper" event... I am a Trekkie..... I gotta check with Starfleet command to determine the correct penance for such an utterance....

54 minutes ago, Alpo said:

At 90, you reckon he wears a piece? Sure got a lot of hair.

I don't think that picture in the meme is a current photo.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

OMG, that was almost blasphemy coming from a guy who has been to Start Trek conventions not only in costume, but in full prosthetic makeup as well.  I even attended the "Sit Long and Prosper" event... I am a Trekkie..... I gotta check with Starfleet command to determine the correct penance for such an utterance....

Spock will give you that collarbone pinch and you will be in confinement for 30 days!:P

Current photo of the Captain! Looks great for 90! Looks like his real hair too or a VERY good piece!

image.png.1fc271463cff2c2a47a48498a96e7a4c.png

Mr Scott beat him there.

I always liked Mr. Scott- one of the reasons I went into Electronics and computer repair after high school in the 1980's. However, there was more money to be made in industrial electrical work.

The ashes of James Doohan — Scotty from Star Trek — are aboard the International Space Station

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/27/22201874/ashes-james-doohan-scotty-star-trek-international-space-station

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is that supposed to mean

I like Shatner, but the man is everywhere. He has his own shows and he guests on all kinds of other shows. I am hoping if I make it to 90 I can be retired and not have to work. 

29 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I like Shatner, but the man is everywhere. He has his own shows and he guests on all kinds of other shows. I am hoping if I make it to 90 I can be retired and not have to work. 

He has a lot of energy and there’s lots of people that like to stay busy ! I applaud him!!

33 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Betty White is 99 and still going strong. 

Tony Bennett is 95 with Alzheimer’s but still sings his songs. 

I hope I’m still having that much fun after nine decades orbiting the sun!

4 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

He's been wearing a piece for 45 years!

Really?? How do you know that? Seriously!

Hair replacement technology I’ll bet. No hairpiece could look that natural. 

4 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I am a closet Trekkie. I love Star Trek, all of them. I have never gone to a convention, but I do belong to the Amazon “Star Trek shirt of the month” club. Every month I get a different tee shirt with a Star Trek theme. :D

Star Trek T-Shirt Club Subscription - Men - 2XL https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08DDKTDSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9H89CH53762DSHVQ7QDA?psc=1

I attended one of his shows in Denver several years ago.  One of the "questions" the "interviewer" asked was, "Boxers or briefs?" To which Shatner replied, "Depends!" :rolleyes::lol:

I do envy him the ride, and would take one if offered...free!  But, to me, going into space would mean on orbit.  Now, if Elon would call me...  I told my wife when we first met 55 years ago, that if the chance ever came, there would be no discussion.  She said, she'd wave!  Maybe by the time I'm 90, the price of a seat on a Crew Dragon will have come down to where I could afford it...if I could pass the physical. 

Live long and prosper, Capt. Kirk!

Ad Astra!

What will he wear under the space suit? It DEPENDS.

Archived