SASS Wire Forum

Proof that it does storm in So Ca

The few drops that came down was just enough to turn the dust on the windshield to mud. 
we are still so dry, soon we may have to buy bottled water to shower with.

btw, for the camera guys, this was just an iPhone 11 Pro, snapping hundreds of shots to get lucky to catch lightning. 

I went to bed at 8 pm last nigh. I get up every morning before 03:00 to go to work.

At around 9 pm our power went out.

I was  dreaming I was driving a car  and all the oxygen left the vehicle and I was struggling to breath. I woke up and realized I couldn't breath at the same time I felt someone hovering over me and it was pitch black.

It startled the hell out of me until my wife said "Are you okay/. the power went out." I couldn't breath right because my BiPAP machine was off. :lol:

The power came back on a couple of minutes later.

It rained off an on all night apparently. I went to get gas this morning and half the pumps were off line and the clerk could only use the older cash register because  the high tech wonder machines were off line.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I couldn't breath right because my BiPAP machine was off. :lol:

Consider a small battery UPS for your rig.
Not only will it avoid unpleasant wakeups, but will help avoid hardware failures from power failures or brownouts.

I have a 15 year old REMstar that has been subjected to countless power outages in my 3rd world power section of Sacramento.
Something got smoked on the main board, as it is forever stuck in max blower speed, i.e. 20 cm pressure.
I stripped it down and found no dirt, no clogged tubes and nothing obviously smoked on the board.
I was hoping for a popped capacitor that I could replace... no such luck.

These things are EXPENSIVE, especially for me as a cash-only customer.

25 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Consider a small battery UPS for your rig.
Not only will it avoid unpleasant wakeups, but will help avoid hardware failures from power failures or brownouts.

I have a 15 year old REMstar that has been subjected to countless power outages in my 3rd world power section of Sacramento.
Something got smoked on the main board, as it is forever stuck in max blower speed, i.e. 20 cm pressure.
I stripped it down and found no dirt, no clogged tubes and nothing obviously smoked on the board.
I was hoping for a popped capacitor that I could replace... no such luck.

These things are EXPENSIVE, especially for me as a cash-only customer.

Thank you. That is a great idea. I will do that. :)

We got 6/10 of an inch of rain last night in north S.D. County.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I went to bed at 8 pm last nigh. I get up every morning before 03:00 to go to work.

At around 9 pm our power went out.

I was  dreaming I was driving a car  and all the oxygen left the vehicle and I was struggling to breath. I woke up and realized I couldn't breath at the same time I felt someone hovering over me and it was pitch black.

It startled the hell out of me until my wife said "Are you okay/. the power went out." I couldn't breath right because my BiPAP machine was off. :lol:

The power came back on a couple of minutes later.

It rained off an on all night apparently. I went to get gas this morning and half the pumps were off line and the clerk could only use the older cash register because  the high tech wonder machines were off line.

Now get off your duff and buy an UPS for that thing!!!

Archived