SASS Wire Forum

“Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink “ at the Tennessee State Championship?

We will be collecting money again this year, at the Tennessee State Championship Oct. 7-9, for the American Cancer Society. We ask everyone to wear pink on this Thursday, Side Match Day. This year the money will be sent to them In Honor Of Papa Dave!  

I’m always asked why pink? Is this just for breast cancer? This is being collected to help in the research to stop any and all cancers. We all know someone who has been touched by cancer. When I started this my wife was a cancer survivor and now I am as well so this is a very important fund raiser to me. This year with the loss of Papa Dave it is even more important. The reason for pink is because “Are You Tough Enough To Wear Teal” just doesn’t have the same ring to it!

Cumberland Drifter isn’t able to be at the match this year but he contacted me and wanted to start the collection with a $250 donation and a challenge to everyone who knew Papa Dave to match it.  I will be the 1st one to match it so now we are starting with $500 in the cancer jug.

If anyone is coming and would like to make a donation by check please make it to the American Cancer Society and we will mail them all in together.  If there is anyone who would like to donate but isn’t going to be at the match you can mail it to me (again please make checks to the American Cancer Society).

Randy Saint Eagle

806 River Rock Blvd.

Murfreesboro, TN 37128

Thanks

Randy

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Randy 

I will match the $250 as well. Unfortunately Vix-n  and can not make this year.  Will mail check to you.

Blue eyed drifter

Drifter, thanks. we will certainly miss you and Vix-n.

Randy

10 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Also we plan to have a collection jug at the registration desk and another one at the “Cut The Rope” Side Match.

Thanks

Randy

Randy, can"t be at the match but will mail you a check today.

DEADWOOD MINER 

4 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

Randy, can"t be at the match but will mail you a check today.

DEADWOOD MINER 

Thanks Deadwood, hope to see you at the November Match.

Randy

I got checks in the mail from Blue Eyed Drifter and Vix-n, Deadwood Miner and Feisty Mama.

We’re getting donations at the range and Ricochet Ruthie and Chickamauga Slim donated a replica of the weather vane in the John Wayne movie McLintock.  This will be auctioned off with all the proceeds going into the cancer jug.

Thanks

Randy

14 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Let us know how much was collected.

I don't have the final count yet because I had a couple of folks that were going to mail checks and yesterday was a holiday. We are around $6000, I should have the final count by the end of the week.

A lot of folks steeped up and dug deep into their pockets.

I want to thanks everyone for being so generous.

Sorry for the slow reply.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply on the final amount but one check was mailed to the wrong person and I just got it yesterday.  I am very excited to announce that we collected $6350.00!!!!!!!! I received something yesterday from the American Cancer Society that said any donation up to $100,000 would be matched dollar for dollar until December 15th. That would mean that what all of you donated is now worth $12700.00!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone who made donations as well as those who donated items to be auctioned off and those who bought the items. I know Papa Dave would be very happy that such a large amount was donated in his memory.

Once again thank you to everyone who helped us with such a large donation!

Randy

14 hours ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Randy, how does the match work? You collect money for the ACS, and they match it? They give the their money to themselves? 

I can’t say for sure, the letter that came just says that a generous donor has offered to match all gifts up to $100,000.  All I know for sure is that through the generous donations from lots of Cowgirls and Cowboys we were able to send in $6350.00 and I hope that will help with research to cure or improve treatments for cancer.

Randy

Archived