SASS Wire Forum

There's a special place in Hell...

Last May, a young, starving female cat showed up on my front porch.  Barely able to stand, much less walk, not much more than a fur-upholstered skeleton.  Feral, and highly skittish.

Well, I decided to feed 'er, with the intent of taking her in to be "fixed" as soon as I thought she was strong enough.  And over the days she became quite friendly, and even affectionate; if I sat on the stool on my porch she'd bound onto my lap, purring and gazing into my eyes.  About the sweetest little cat I've ever encountered.  

But she was feral, and one day suddenly looked like she'd swallowed an orange.  Aarrgghh... I was not able to get her to the vet quickly enough, and on June 29 she "hatched" six kittens - even though she was barely past being a kitten herself.  She was a most excellent mama; totally devoted to the little ones, and when it came time to wean 'em she supplemented their Purina Kitten Chow with steady deliveries of mice and gophers.  Atta girl - train 'em young and train 'em right!  

Since then, Mama HAS been "fixed," as have all six kittens, along with their shots.  I'm adopting two of 'em myself and looking for homes for the other four... meanwhile, they're all secure, are regularly handled and "people-broke," as well as litter box trained.  

Well, three nights ago Mama did not come "home."  I worried, I searched, but no joy. 

Last night, I finally found her; I buried her under a mulberry tree in the moonlight.

And for the degenerate SOB who swerved off the road to run her over - I hope he contracts Covid as well as a sundry of unspeakable social diseases at the same time... and THEN reports in to that special department in Hell.  :angry:     

149728169_MamaCat3.thumb.jpeg.7f93c09d33e32dd9ed4de59b2ae734f3.jpeg                     

I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. Yes, someone who would do that, to any animal, really, is likely already in their own hell in their mind. I can only hope that after this life, whether it is judgment, karma, or whatever... That they're deeds are duly noted.

Many years back, I wandered all over the city following up calls about our flyer about a lost cat. The descriptions over the phone were always right on, but in fact were not only never the cat, but not even close.

Eventually I quit. Neither I nor my wife could ever believe I'd devote such effort over a lost cat. I surprised myself.

Mark Twain once said “If a man loves cats, he is my friend and comrade without further introduction.”

I am friend to all men who love cats and enemy to those who would harm them. Like or dislike, I have no trouble with. 
Intentionally harm, that’s different. 

Sorry for your loss. If I could shoot the skunk who did it I would cheerfully do so. 

I have a love/hate relationship with cats. I love em nearly all the time except for when they harm my birds, I feed wild birds. Oh, I just hate em for a little while. It’s their nature. 

Anyone that goes out of their way to hurt cats or any other animal does deserve a special place in hell. I would sometimes like to help them get there sooner but I like my freedom and despise scum, so prison is a non-starter for me. 

My brother in law (idiot in law) actually went after a cat with his truck when I was riding with him on a country road in PA years ago. This is the same moron that crashed his truck trying to get his deer tagged filled no long after…anyway, he swerved to hit the cat. I yelled at him and he swerved back into the road. At the stoplight in town I punched him on the side of his head. Not kidding. I then got out and walked the rest of the way to my in-laws house. Lots of fireworks ensued…

I truly despise morons that hurt animals for their own weird entertainment. 

Oh, and that punch. It felt damn good! Didn’t help him at all but it felt damn good. I wouldn’t mind doing it again some time. 

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with cats. I love em nearly all the time except for when they harm my birds, I feed wild birds. Oh, I just hate em for a little while. It’s their nature. 

Anyone that goes out of their way to hurt cats or any other animal does deserve a special place in hell. I would sometimes like to help them get there sooner but I like my freedom and despise scum, so prison is a non-starter for me. 

My brother in law (idiot in law) actually went after a cat with his truck when I was riding with him on a country road in PA years ago. This is the same moron that crashed his truck trying to get his deer tagged filled no long after…anyway, he swerved to hit the cat. I yelled at him and he swerved back into the road. At the stoplight in town I punched him on the side of his head. Not kidding. I then got out and walked the rest of the way to my in-laws house. Lots of fireworks ensued…

I truly despise morons that hurt animals for their own weird entertainment. 

Oh, and that punch. It felt damn good! Didn’t help him at all but it felt damn good. I wouldn’t mind doing it again some time. 

Was this the same considerate soul who "gentled" your bike...?  <_<

7 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

God only allows certain people to be “cat” people. I am honored to be your brother.  

They are monsters.  Most will attack me  on sight.  There are some that continuously plan for my demise and stay happy little kitties until I visit. Usually the visit ends up with one or both of us bleeding.  I am ahead.

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Was this the same considerate soul who "gentled" your bike...?  <_<

Yes…I really “dislike” that guy. 

Things like that make me want to do things I know better to the POS. The scum do it to turtles around here. The last time I found one, I added 4 16P spikes up thru the shell and placed it back on the line. I hope the SOB enjoyed changing his tire. It left a nice curvy line in the road. Sorry.

This reminds me of a thought I had last night. We always hear from people who want "peace on Earth" and "no wars" and all that sort of stuff. Sounds great. Problem is, the world is filled with some pretty black-hearted people who are not only selfish, but they have no concern for other living things whatsoever. They will gladly kill a cat on the side of the road just for fun, and they're not hesitant to kill any person who crosses their path or gets in the way of what they want. We will never have "peace on Earth" because as a species we have not yet learned how to be truly civil. That is why I carry every day. Not because I'm trying to be part of the problem, but because I know the solution doesn't exist.

35 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Read Charley Harley's post. He doesn't share the positive view on cats.

I have a positive view of all of God's creatures. They're all on this Earth for a reason. Except Democrats, maybe. Those I haven't figured out why they're here.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Read Charley Harley's post. He doesn't share the positive view on cats.

This is a semi-rural, unincorporated area.  The neighborhood has feral/"community" cats.  Some people might think they "own" certain animals, but the reality is the critters are pretty much independent.  Most are elusive; occasionally, there will be one that is very social.

Being semi-rural, we also have plenty of vermin - mice, tree rats (yes, we have rats that live in trees!), and gophers.  LOTS of gophers.  These cats, in my opinion, earn the right to live in the neighborhood and receive occasional handouts for the service they provide in rodent control.  As far as birds, I have no doubt cats can catch and dispatch birds - but in more than ten years I've lived here, I've never seen it happen.  Heck... the birds have a distinct advantage in being able to fly.  I've watch cats attempt this feat, but have never seen one succeed.

Now, about not "sharing positive views on cats:"  I read Charley's post, and I can appreciate that our views differ.  That's fine.

That said, I certainly hope that you're not suggesting that disliking cats gives one license to make sport of wantonly killing them... are you?  

We have a magnet on our refrigerator “ Real Men admit they love Cats”

I do. We have had several over the years. One live to 18-1/2 years old. Two to 16-1/2. Now have a 14 and 5 year old. They have it better than most people!

Not a cat person, but I join you in wishing whoever that person was a lifetime of pain & misery.

Those that dump their unwanted pets out in the country are lower than septic tank sludge. Those poor animals have absolutely no chance unless someone finds them and rescues them. My wife and I have done it many times over the years and also have found them when it was to late.

Cats, dogs, just about any of God's critters. All the same.  Some are more compatible to the urban lifestyle than others.

ome just gentle more than others. 

14 hours ago, Noz said:

They are monsters.  Most will attack me  on sight.  There are some that continuously plan for my demise and stay happy little kitties until I visit. Usually the visit ends up with one or both of us bleeding.  I am ahead.

You could wear long sleeves.

<_<

54 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Not a cat person yet I would never hurt one.

What that jerk did was cruel! Why?

My feelings exactly. Now I might swerve my car if I see Badger Mountain Charlie... :lol:

I am not a cat person, but cats like me for reasons I do not understand.  My wife had four when we got hitched, and the one that "Doesn't like men..." decided he was my best buddy. Sigh!

Litter boxes do not stink if you clean them daily, and a little cat hair never hurt anyone.

I have seen a dog dart in front of a car, but anyone who swerves to hit an animal deserves whatever anyone else does to him (If you hang him, you can reuse the rope).

Duffield (who prefers dogs)

I am intensely allergic to cats.  If I touch a cat, and then touch my face, my eyes will swell shut.  Just being in a house with cats will send me into a sneezing fit.  My wife kissed me one night, after she had kissed her parents' cat; my lips swelled to the point that I could not drink without dribbling down my chin.

Cats are cute; I just cannot be around them.

As for the guy running the cat down; future serial killers often start down that road by torturing and killing defenseless animals.  Folks like that ought to be put in a cage with a larger cat - like a tiger.  Even up the odds.

LL

Growing up my sister found a cat roaming around and "adopted" her.  Mitzi was her name, followed by at least one or to others, all called Mitzi.  I don't have any and prefer dogs, but why would a "normal" person go out of their way to hurt one?  Plenty of sick people in this world.

23 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

You could wear long sleeves.

<_<

Where's the fun in that??

Archived