SASS Wire Forum

Global Facebook Ban?

John Kloehr

Looks like all users worldwide have been kicked off of Facebook.

While internal leaks are claiming this is a DNS problem, I suggest the AI which bans conservative views went too far and simply switched the platform off.

Same for Instagram and WhatsApp.

I can get it on my phone, But not my computer.

From the NY Post:

Facebook-owned properties, including Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger, were hit by sweeping outages Monday.

The issues started around 11:45 a.m. ET, according to DownDetector, and were hitting users globally.

By 12:30 p.m. ET, the outages appeared to subside, according to DownDetector, though tens of thousands of users were still reporting problems. 

Shortly after noon, Facebook’s site returned a message that read, “This site can’t be reached.”

3 minutes ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I can get it on my phone, But not my computer.

I can’t get it on either one!:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Maybe a couple weeks without it might do the world some good . Just wish Twitter was in the same boat 

No maybe about it.

OOPS! :blush:...After receiving and responding to my birthday messages all day yesterday, I posted a final acknowledgement, then flipped the switch. :ph34r:

Any inconvenience that may have caused to other Facebook users is a secondary side-effect.

I'll consider reactivating the platform sometime later today...maybe...if I feel like it...or not.

twitface.jpg

1 minute ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

OOPS! :blush:...After receiving and responding to my birthday messages all day yesterday, I posted a final acknowledgement, then flipped the switch. :ph34r:

Any inconvenience that may have caused to other Facebook users is a secondary side-effect.

I'll consider reactivating the platform sometime later today...maybe...if I feel like it...or not.

twitface.jpg

By the way...

Happy Belated Birthday!

23 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I called my ISP (gotta :wub: them, you get to talk to a person). They said there was a worldwide outage. Normally, I wouldn't care; but, I just listed a bunch of Hubby's tools and thought it was just me until I called.

I saw that!! Hopefully it comes back on soon.

It's funny that a Facebook whistleblower just came out yesterday telling some secrets about FB and their other platforms and how they don't care about anyone but their bottom line. They own Instagram and TicTok and both have been slammed for not trying to stop teens and children from getting scammed and stalked etc. Hmmmm.....a coincidence?

SASS is on Facebook as well as many different gun groups, so for you guys that don't have it there's some good stuff on there!

I keep in touch with my relatives cross country. I've found friends that I haven't talked to in years! It's all what you make it much like this forum right here!

18 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

OMG !!!   ...... people will have to talk to each other ............. it's the end of the world   :o

this will be worse than the pandemic ..... it will be a panicdemic   

:ph34r:

I don’t always have time to talk to my relatives and friends and neither do they. No it’s not the end of the world but it’s kind of a nice way to stay in touch with people. That’s all I’m saying!!:blink:

I got banned permanently after the election. Don’t miss it.

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don’t always have time to talk to my relatives and friends and neither do they. No it’s not the end of the world but it’s kind of a nice way to stay in touch with people. That’s all I’m saying!!:blink:

You,Sir, can have it.

I have no need/want/use for "social media"   

4 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I got banned permanently after the election. Don’t miss it.

I got banned permanently from Twitter! I’ve been in Facebook jail a couple times too. I don’t miss Twitter at all. Facebook is a good way to stay in touch with friends and relatives. 

Just now, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

You,Sir can have it.

I have no need/want/use for "social media"   

Thanks I will!!;)

True story. This morning I was on FB about to send a message to my sister in law in Florida. I was out in the yard because I can’t get a signal inside and just as I was about to hit send I dropped the phone. When I picked it up FB was gone. 
“Oh crap. I broke my new phone” I thought. I spent the next half hour going through Settings and Diagnostics to see what damage I had done. Then I went to another website and it was fine. 

I googled “Facebook Down?” and got the story. :lol:

Glad I didn’t break my phone. Or the Internet.

12 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

True story. This morning I was on FB about to send a message to my sister in law in Florida. I was out in the yard because I can’t get a signal inside and just as I was about to hit send I dropped the phone. When I picked it up FB was gone. 
“Oh crap. I broke my new phone” I thought. I spent the next half hour going through Settings and Diagnostics to see what damage I had done. Then I went to another website and it was fine. 

I googled “Facebook Down?” and got the story. :lol:

Glad I didn’t break my phone. Or the Internet.

Probably the incident that caused the outage.  Like a Coke spilled on a control console in a nuclear power plant. 

When FB goes down.... who ya gonna call?

The FaceBookIinvestigators

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What did you do?

OLG 

I posted a picture of Kyle Rittenhouse with his AR slung over his shoulder shortly before he was assaulted and used the rifle to defend himself. That was a gross violation of FB community standards and they pulled the plug

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I posted a picture of Kyle Rittenhouse with his AR slung over his shoulder shortly before he was assaulted and used the rifle to defend himself. That was a gross violation of FB community standards and they pulled the plug

Total BS on their part!:angry:

OLG 

Archived