SASS Wire Forum

flour in an ATV helmet, how to clean it

Trigger Mike

This week was homecoming week.  That means it was prank week.  Something I despise and emphatically told my two high schoolers not to do.  Much to my disappointment my senior daughter put glitter in the main pranksters front seat of his fairly new truck.  Not knowing she had done this, I was severely angry that i stayed up until 2 am every night but on homecoming game night had to be on the football field as the senior was on the homecoming court.  My covert wireless cameras went abuzz as did my ring doorbell.  The main prankster was angry at us for what my daughter did and was dumping toilet paper and flour all over her car , my front porch, in the crevices of my storm door, and my 12 year olds honda pioneer 500 side by side.  His ATV helmet was in the front seat.  It was filled with four.  we dumped what we could out.  Is there a way to get it out completely?  

The father of the main culprit called me up today angry about the glitter, wanting payment to get it detailed.  wanting $100 or there about.  I mentioned the helmet was $150 and filled with flour as was my storm door .  I'm negotiating to call it even.  he says blowing air will get the flour out of the helmet, but I know better.  

Remove the pads and vacuum them. Do not use water without getting as much flour sucked out of there as possible. Flour and water become paste. 

Pull the pads, vacuum, then use masking tape to pull as much more as possible.

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Remove the pads then soapy water.  No way to get it new.  

Side note, good learning opportunity for the 12yr old to always put the helmet away.  Critters will destroy them or passerbys steal them.  Ironically, burglars leave them be.

I did indeed use it as a reminder of why we don't leave things outside.   

His brother learned that lesson 8 years ago when he kept leaving tennis shoes outside on the porch, despite me telling him not to.  One night we woke to find a rabid racoon chewing on them and fighting them.  He finally got it.  

Your story reminds me…I remember as a kid many years ago getting to decorate someone’s car that was getting married.  I got this genius idea to fill the vents with glitter and sparkly stuff, then set all the A/C to max so that when they turned it on…well you can imagine.  It was a huge success or disaster depending on your viewpoint…

What about blowing the helmet out with air compressor?

That boy’s obviously never put his helmet on only to get stung by the bee inside it from leaving it outside. Happened to me once…Once!

I have never found a snake in my helmet but have heard of this as well. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That boy’s obviously never put his helmet on only to get stung by the bee inside it from leaving it outside. Happened to me once…Once!

I have never found a snake in my helmet but have heard of this as well. 

I learned back in my MX dayz,  to smack the side of the helmet with the palm of my hand just for that reason.

OLG 

As much of a mess that made...I would count blessings that nothing was 'damaged'.

Now...our daughter was threatened beyond life, that she would NOT join Senior Prank.

Those that were found out could have been charged with severe , life following charges...as they squished Super Glue into the door locks of the administrative offices.

I believe it was over a thousand to replace the locks.

I sent the father who's son did my house (the ring leader based on video) some more pictures and a video of his son on my porch doing his wares and how a separate video shows them lamenting my daughter's car was locked as they planned on putting flour inside her car.  

He decided not to pursue me paying to clean the glitter out of his son's car.  

I made my daughter clean our mess and pay for cleaning her car since I deemed it her fault we were hit.  They had promised to.come all week but refused to come while I was home.  Evidently they fear me more than they did other dads.  

38 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

......   but refused to come while I was home.  Evidently they fear me more than they did other dads.  

.......... your black belt in origami  ?    :huh:

I don't know,  I did park outside the karate school and look in while my daughter was in karate class.  Maybe they heard about that.   

You might try using detailer putty or detailer clay to pull the remaining flour out of the helmet once the pads are out.  It will pull dust out of the finest crevices in your vehicle.  

Archived