SASS Wire Forum

How would you respond?

Alpo

I'm watching this NCIS rerun. Tony is going to meet the mother of his girlfriend. So the three of them are sitting at dinner, and the mother turns to him and says, "So, how long have you been sleeping with my daughter?"

And he answers it. I suppose this is Hollywood screenwriter sophistication. But every time I see that scene, and I've seen this episode a dozen or more times, the thought that pops into my mind is, "That ain't none of your business".

I would not ask that question, and I certainly would not answer it.

Am I the only one that still considers some things private, and just because someone wants to know is not a reason to tell them?

And just who do you think you are to be asking this? HMMMM?  :P

I would tell her it was none of her business. 

This kind of happened to me with my future father in law. We were in his truck headed to the hardware store when asked pretty much the same thing. 
My response: “That’s none of your business.”

He said “What if I make it my business?”

I said “Dave, you had best be careful. You have only interacted with me when I have been on my best behavior. Let’s keep it that way.”

And that was all that was ever said about it. 

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

You are the only one here that has watched any episode of NCIS a dozen or more times.

no he is not , watchin one now , 

id not grace the question with a direct answer either , or if its obvious shes an A$$ go with "we seldom sleep" 

If you'll forgive me for not answering,  I'll forgive you for asking. 

12 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

You are the only one here that has watched any episode of NCIS a dozen or more times.

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

no he is not , watchin one now , 

He's not. I've watched since they spun it off of "JAG".  Since I retired, I've been watching nearly every day. The Ziva years were my favorite. Since her and Tony left it hasn't been the same.  

I'd take my cue from the girlfiend  (started out as a typo and decided to leave it as is).  If she is amused or laughing then I respond with a pleasant smile and either no comment or something sarcastic such as "Why are you jealous?".

If the girlfiend is offended, then my response is a less nice smile and a change of subject.

Archived