SASS Wire Forum

The sky is brown.

My first conscious thought this morning when I got up was that the house might be on fire, or someone was burning a pile of leaves and garbage downstairs outside my bathroom window.

Gawd, what a stench!  The air here is foul enough to gag a county dump seagull.  Angry Seagull Stock Illustrations – 36 Angry Seagull Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

According to the EPA, the Air Quality Index (AQI) values are:

0-50 = Good

51 - 100 = Moderate  

101 - 150 - Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups [like me!]

151 - 200 = Unhealthy  

201 - 250 = Very Unhealthy

250 + = Hazardous

Our AQI has been over 180... it's just plumb awful.  The air is literally worse than a smoke-filled saloon.  

I wish ol' Emperor Newsom would hurry up and get all them clean, hard-workin' folks across the border and ban barbecues and burning gunpowder and dusty farm tractors to clear up the global warming and climate change so's we can all breathe again...  <_< 

Oh... wait... it'll be okay.  Pretty soon there won't be any unmanaged forests left to burn!  In the last ten years, 12.7 million acres has burned in California.  That's 1 of every 8 acres in the state.  :(

26 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

My first conscious thought this morning when I got up was that the house might be on fire, or someone was burning a pile of leaves and garbage downstairs outside my bathroom window.

Gawd, what a stench!  The air here is foul enough to gag a county dump seagull.  Angry Seagull Stock Illustrations – 36 Angry Seagull Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

0-50 = Good

51 - 100 = Moderate  

151 - 200 = Unhealthy  

250 + = Hazardous

Our AQI has been over 180... it's just plumb awful.  The air is literally worse than a smoke-filled saloon.  

I wish ol' Emperor Newsom would hurry up and get all them clean, hard-workin' folks across the border and ban barbecues and burning gunpowder and dusty farm tractors to clear up the global warming and climate change so's we can all breathe again...  <_< 

Oh... wait... it'll be okay.  Pretty soon there won't be any unmanaged forests left to burn!  In the last ten years, 12.7 million acres has burned in California.  That's 1 of every 8 acres in the state.  :(

Seven to go.

we had this most of the summer from the west and canada to the north - then the boundary waters fires added to it , just getting back to clean the last couple weeks , tree huggers should be happy - lot of wood wont get harvested , wouldnt want some capitalist to make a proffit on building materials or someone to get a new home 

The hippies stalled forest management in court for decades.
This was done to protect the spotted owl and all the other little critters.
Now, they are all dead from being burned alive.

There (was) a whole lot of critters in 12.7 million acres.

7 hours ago, bgavin said:

The hippies stalled forest management in court for decades.
This was done to protect the spotted owl and all the other little critters.
Now, they are all dead from being burned alive.

There (was) a whole lot of critters in 12.7 million acres.

"Save the forests. Wipe your a-- with a spotted owl."  Bumper sticker on a California plated camper outside of Rifle, Colorado long ago.  I laughed all the way to Denver.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

0-50 = Good

51 - 100 = Moderate  

151 - 200 = Unhealthy  

250 + = Hazardous

The smoke from your "complex" fire buggered the AQ in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville, Carson City, Reno, Sparks, Fernley & Fallon.  I could smell the smoke from burning fur trees in the air this morning.

54 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

The smoke from your "complex" fire buggered the AQ in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville, Carson City, Reno, Sparks, Fernley & Fallon.  I could smell the smoke from burning fur trees in the air this morning.

'Tain't MY fire... 'tis the Emperor's fire.  :mellow:

Tell ya what - have your gov'nor sue said Emperor!  :)

Oh, wait....  Won't work.  They're both members of the same Mutual Admiration Club.  :(

Archived