SASS Wire Forum

Fighting In The Street

Subdeacon Joe

I am thinking back to the days when I still wore a deputy marshal's star.
We had a number of fights, some in the street, and a lawman has a wide range of discretion.
I can recall one fight in particular where I chose to stand back and let the fight settle itself.
This looks like another such example!

This reminds me of the first time I used my pepper spray.  Two guys having a knock-down drag-out fight in the middle of a busy 4 lane street at about 11:30 one night.  I sprayed them both and they immediately stopped fighting and just stood there in the middle of the street until I handcuffed them and led them to a waiting patrol car.  I thought "Cool!  I hope it works like this all the time." 

Unfortunately, it didn't.  Actually, that was the ONLY time it ever worked that well.

Angus

Dimocrats fighting, how about that!!!

My wife and I stopped in Oatman coming back from the east coast.  We left the motel and went looking for breakfast and were waylaid and mugged by a bunch of local jackasses.  They surrounded the car and kept nosing around for snacks.  After a few minutes a local LEO drove up and fired off his siren and they all just sauntered away.

He asked if we were okay and we were all grinning at the whole thing.  He told us not to feed them or they'll get demanding enough to damage a car and then told us a great cafe a block away.

My daughter was only three but my son remembers that like it was yesterday and he just tuned 55.

I may have to drive down there again.  I haven't been back since that time.

Archived