Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Just a little of the top, please.


Recommended Posts

I remember when I was 12 or 13 maybe, I told him to give me a flat top. Flat tops do not work with wavy hair.

 

For the next 35 years or so I told them to give me a regulation haircut. That worked fine. Then nobody knew what a regulation haircut was. They wanted you to tell them what number to put the clipper on.

 

Boy I sure miss barbers. I don't need my hair styled. What I have left of it, I just need cut.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The haircuts I used to get as a kid was like that picture of the "college contour" but we never called it that. Later when I was older I got the "Hollywood" or the Professional Contour" but never called it that either. I just told the barber to leave the sideburns on. I have a great barber now, it's regular GUYS barber shop, just him and he's a gun guy! I bought a couple guns from him and we did a trade not long ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a while I just said, "Off the collar, off the ears, out of the eyes."  Then for a decade or so I just let my hair grow out.  When I had to do some serious job hunting my oldest brother said I should get a haircut.  Looked at the old charts and found "Businessman's Haircut" which looks much like the "Executive" in the image above. I'd go in and say that at the "Cool Cuts" shop (not many regular barbers around here) and get shunted to the 70 year old lady who has been cutting hair for 55 years.  Tell her that and her eyes light up.

Of course, the last time I was in for a trim was about 5 years ago.

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

For a while I just said, "Off the collar, off the ears, out of the eyes."  Then for a decade or so I just let my hair grow out.  When I had to do some serious job hunting my oldest brother said I should get a haircut.  Looked at the old charts and found "Businessman's Haircut" which looks much like the "Executive" in the image above. I'd go in and say that at the "Cool Cuts" shop (not many regular barbers around here) and get shunted to the 70 year old lady who has been cutting hair for 55 years.  Tell her that and her eyes light up.

Of course, the last time I was in for a trim was about 5 years ago.

You do know she might be waiting a little higher up for you...To get you looking right  for that meeting with the big guy...

 

Texas Lizard

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Texas Lizard said:

You do know she might be waiting a little higher up for you...To get you looking right  for that meeting with the big guy...

 

Texas Lizard

 

 

That's why the hair is long again.  
 

!joe vested 2 hair.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Used to have long hair all through school. Joined the Marines and ever since then I keep it short, like buzzed off without a guard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Used to have long hair all through school. Joined the Marines and ever since then I keep it short, like buzzed off without a guard.

Must be a little drafty without a guard...

 

Texas Lizard

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Must be a little drafty without a guard...

 

Texas Lizard

Just right , heck I'm used to it now days. LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.