SASS Wire Forum

Just a little of the top, please.

I remember when I was 12 or 13 maybe, I told him to give me a flat top. Flat tops do not work with wavy hair.

For the next 35 years or so I told them to give me a regulation haircut. That worked fine. Then nobody knew what a regulation haircut was. They wanted you to tell them what number to put the clipper on.

Boy I sure miss barbers. I don't need my hair styled. What I have left of it, I just need cut.

The haircuts I used to get as a kid was like that picture of the "college contour" but we never called it that. Later when I was older I got the "Hollywood" or the Professional Contour" but never called it that either. I just told the barber to leave the sideburns on. I have a great barber now, it's regular GUYS barber shop, just him and he's a gun guy! I bought a couple guns from him and we did a trade not long ago. 

For a while I just said, "Off the collar, off the ears, out of the eyes."  Then for a decade or so I just let my hair grow out.  When I had to do some serious job hunting my oldest brother said I should get a haircut.  Looked at the old charts and found "Businessman's Haircut" which looks much like the "Executive" in the image above. I'd go in and say that at the "Cool Cuts" shop (not many regular barbers around here) and get shunted to the 70 year old lady who has been cutting hair for 55 years.  Tell her that and her eyes light up.

Of course, the last time I was in for a trim was about 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

For a while I just said, "Off the collar, off the ears, out of the eyes."  Then for a decade or so I just let my hair grow out.  When I had to do some serious job hunting my oldest brother said I should get a haircut.  Looked at the old charts and found "Businessman's Haircut" which looks much like the "Executive" in the image above. I'd go in and say that at the "Cool Cuts" shop (not many regular barbers around here) and get shunted to the 70 year old lady who has been cutting hair for 55 years.  Tell her that and her eyes light up.

Of course, the last time I was in for a trim was about 5 years ago.

You do know she might be waiting a little higher up for you...To get you looking right  for that meeting with the big guy...

Texas Lizard

Just now, Texas Lizard said:

You do know she might be waiting a little higher up for you...To get you looking right  for that meeting with the big guy...

Texas Lizard

That's why the hair is long again.  

!joe vested 2 hair.jpg

Archived