SASS Wire Forum

Primer purchase from Primo Reloading

chiparoo

Has  anyone purchased primers or powder from Primo Reloading ??  They have primers available for $49.00 per thousand for large pistol Federal primers.  I was going to order from them and  they use pay pal and you send it to a private persons email  I got kind of nervous about that because I know Pay pall doesn't like guns or ammo and started asking questions.  Then I get a phone call from them from a male with heavy accent that was just like he got off the boat from China or maybe he's still in China.  Just wondering if anyone has had a positive experience. 

Lot of scams running in the gun industry at this point in time.

Your discription of what has transpired in your attempt to purchase would scare me off.

Johnny Meadows

Using Friends and Family on paypal and not saying anything about guns or ammo is standard practice for many.  But the great price and bad English would scare me away.

I'm curious how you came across them?  They have awesome prices on EVERYTHING and apparently in stock.  That would be enough to warn most folks off before getting to the payment part.  Google street view of the address on their website shows a residential frame house with a dilapidated picket fence (not that that address is necessarily true).  scam-detector.com rates them 14.5/100, pretty bad, and says they just registered that domain name a few weeks ago.

Not what I’d consider a Primo business location.   At least the website had an address.   They’d probably poop their pants if you told them you sent a cashier’s check to their business address.  

9BCA365A-86FF-4A4F-BAA4-CC165C9ADB65.jpeg

I did a search for large Pistol primers on my browser Duck Duck Go  and several web sites came up with primers in stock.  one had winchester large pistol for 41.99..  I think the scammers are out in full force.  Buyers beware!!!

51 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Using Friends and Family on paypal and not saying anything about guns or ammo is standard practice for many.  But the great price and bad English would scare me away.

I know it is but not on commercial web sites. If PayPal, Zelle, or bitcoin are even in the list of ways to pay, my hackles go up. That is not legit. And if the standard charge cards are not even an option... :lol:

But the sites really have cleaned up the English in the last few months. I have seen a couple with virtually no typos.

The payment methods are the best current clue of a scam site. Since you, as a member of PayPal or Zelle, agreed to not buy ammo or components or firearms with their services, and the vendor agreed to not sell them using those services... PayPal and Zelle are not going to give you your money back even if they can get it back from the vendor.

12 minutes ago, chiparoo said:

I did a search for large Pistol primers on my browser Duck Duck Go  and several web sites came up with primers in stock.  one had winchester large pistol for 41.99..  I think the scammers are out in full force.  Buyers beware!!!

Stick to ammoseek.com for better choices. 

Pioneer Gunworks is located in Springfield, OR.  The town only has ~62,000 residents.  If there was a primer vendor in town I'm pretty sure they would know of them.

3 hours ago, chiparoo said:

Has  anyone purchased primers or powder from Primo Reloading ??  They have primers available for $49.00 per thousand for large pistol Federal primers.  I was going to order from them and  they use pay pal and you send it to a private persons email  I got kind of nervous about that because I know Pay pall doesn't like guns or ammo and started asking questions.  Then I get a phone call from them from a male with heavy accent that was just like he got off the boat from China or maybe he's still in China.  Just wondering if anyone has had a positive experience. 

Total SCAM!

If they won't take a CC. Stay away....

OLG 

If you pay using PayPal F&F or Venmo, it is the same as you giving cash to a guy on a street corner and expecting him to return in 15 minutes with your primers. NO legitimate business is going to use PayPal F&F as that is a violation of their business policy. F&F is just for that, friends and family to send birthday money, help with groceries, etc. You better fully know and trust the seller to send money like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on a hunt to find SCAMMERS Firearms World, Ammo Universe and Shootar Illusions are all located at 3641 SW Avalon Lane, Topeka, Kansas and they are all SCAMS! This property is 1377 sq. ft. home in a residential area per Topeka City records. The FFL# is also bogus. It, like Tactical World and Alpha Horizon Academy in Maine is off by one digit from an actual FFL owner at the address listed. These CRIMINALS are actually stealing the identity of real FFL# owners. I looked at the web sites and they all have the same layout which makes me think they are connected. I suspect this is much larger than imagined. Send me more suspected fake sites. As I find these I will pass the info on to the Feds. Please pass this around and help shut them down! I will check on Prime Reloading as well.

Federal pistol primers are $42.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse on the rare occasions they've got a few in this past year. I picked up a couple thousand eleven months ago for $34.99, then they went to $37.99, and now $42.99. They have lots of Cheddite 209's on the shelf right now @ $39.99.

My dealer cost for primers is more than that now - even though I can’t get them. 

One note - Venmo, owned by PayPal, now offers business accounts. I have one. I use it with products that PP doesn’t object  to because it’s got lower fees… 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived